Open today: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
What an honour to be able to come here

It has been my ambition to come here ever since reading GD's "My Family and Other Animals" (and... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
dianne s
Manchester, United Kingdom
Fab Day Out.

Very enjoyable day spent at the zoo plenty to do and see if like me you need help in getting around... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
StewartJ831

Recommended experiences in and around Jersey
from US$31.00
More Info
from US$49.16
More Info
3,683 results
All reviews endangered species keeper talks conservation work gerald durrell fruit bats reptile house baby gorilla plenty of space feeding times large enclosures aye ayes cakes on site well worth a visit st helier great place to visit entrance fee
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2021

Much improved since last visit - previous was 1994! - both wife and I enjoyed the keeper's talk - good idea to offer food to the animals prior to talk - we enjoyed the flamingos, butterflies ands apes the best - interesting Durrell information in house - minor criticism is better signposting

Reviewed 19 August 2021

Must see, take the no13 bus from gorey. Must see the gorillas, badongo the silver back is massive I wouldn't pick an argument wth him a must see.

Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

At first I felt the £66 entry fee for 2 adults/16 yr old/OAP was a bit steep. But 4.5 hours later it was one of the nicest zoos I've been to. The orangutans and gorillas make up for no lions, tigers , zebras and giraffes. The keeper talks were a pleasure. There are tons endangered species that are just beautiful. The best reptiles I've seen and I don't like reptiles much. The birds are just delightful. Explore every inch, it's a very well laid out zoo with play areas for younger people and 2 cafe zones with good, tasty well priced food. Car park is free too. The story of Gerald Durrell and how the zoo came about is definitely not to be missed in the little exhibition room near the house. Also fun fact Henry Cavill aka Superman is a patron and a Jerseyite.

1  Thank Helene2707
Reviewed 18 August 2021 via mobile

We have no faults about our trip to Jersey Zoo. Even the second hand charity shop was charming.

This zoo does Gerald Durrell proud and little did me no that he was such a prolific author. His engery as depicted In the Durrells was seen throughout.

Every animal was seen today In every enclosure and it felt like conservation rather than a zoo. The large primates certainly gave us a show and the gorilla’s and orangutang’s certainly gave us a performance for the camera.

Butterflies and bees were super active and we highly recommend a visit to this zoo. From toddlers to teens to adults a perfect trip.

Oh and the cafes; quality was excellent!

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

My friends, who live in Jersey took me here whilst. Stayed with them. They had a zoo pass so it was free for me to get in on their guest ticket otherwise an adult admission is £18, which I’d happily of paid.
It is not a huge zoo, the monkeys, orang-utans, bears, butterfly house and reptile house were the favourites.
There are NO large animals here like elephants, zebras, giraffes etc but it doesn’t matter.
There is a nice, sand floor park for the kids and a little wooded area for tree climbing.
Talks happen with keepers at different times.
The cafe was clean, with inside and outside seating. They have a soft play but it is closed.
Food is ok priced, I paid £8.75 for a tuna jacket potato and salad. They also sell other things, kids snack boxes, where they pick 4 items and pizzas, which were £11.50. So not the cheapest!
The shop is delightful with lots of toys and souvenirs
The bus stop is literally right outside the entrance and several numbered buses run frequently to the zoo. It’s a great day out.