“Lovely Sunday lunch and excellent service”
Review of The Cow Shed

The Cow Shed
Ranked #29 of 114 Restaurants in Brixham
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Tucked away just a stone's throw from Brixham harbour, The Cow Shed is a tastefully-appointed and cosy restaurant, which boasts attentive, considerate and friendly service, matched with good-quality and well thought-out menu options and a splendid drinks selection.

Having booked only the preceding evening, the three of us ducked in from the drizzle and were greeted with a friendly welcome and a table just a few metres from a cosy roaring fire.

Sunday lunch was the order of the day and we couldn't fault the starters (ham hock terrine, calamari and battered halloumi fingers respectively). The mains were good too and included a strong vegetarian contender (nut roast). All were served with plenty of vegetables, cauliflower cheese and delicious gravy.

The drinks list is substantial for a venue of this size and, as well as local ales, wines and soft drinks, includes a selection of prosecco aperitifs and range of artisan and small-batch gins, which appear to be something of a speciality for the maître d'.

At just £65 for two courses for three people, including drinks, it's hard to find fault with this gem of a restaurant. The service was impeccable and we'd commend it to anyone looking for a tasty lunch or cosy dinner in Brixham.

1  Thank JDW-TKM
jpworthing, Owner at The Cow Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thankyou very much for your lovely review, we are so,glad you enjoyed your lunch with us and hopefully we will see you again so

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Interesting burgers in an informal setting. Friendly atmosphere and service. can't comment on the steak options.

jpworthing, Owner at The Cow Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thankyou for your review we are pleased you enjoyed your meal and perhaps give a steak a go next time

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend for the second time as it was my birthday and we were not disappointed at all!! It was AMAZING, again! The food is so delicious, when mine came (a huge platter) I never thought I would finish but I couldn’t leave anything as it was so good! It was skinny fries, beef and salsa with garlic aioli and I am trying to re-create myself tonight at home but I’m sure it won’t be anywhere near as good as the Cow Shed. Completely would recommend to anyone and EVERYONE! My favourite place to eat in Brixham!

Thankyou so much for your review I hope you managed to re create your dish. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Great place with superb food & an excellent host & staff. If you ever visit (or live) in Brixham, you HAVE to check these guys out. You will not be disappointed.
I highly recommend the Ribs & Wings!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely welcome from the manager and seated quickly. Drink orders taken promptly.
Breaded mushrooms ordered to start (£6.25) Steak ordered medium to well (£16.95 for 8oz) and a Chucky which was a chicken burger (£13.50)
Mushroom where nice but for that cost expected more than half a large mushroom in breadcrumbs. Steak came and was over cooked. Chicken burger was no more than a bit of ripped up chicken, piece of bacon and a smidge of chuckney with a tomato slice. It was comparable to a Tesco sandwich.
I’m writing a review because although we did complain about the quality of the food it wasn’t acted upon and the bill was put in front of us. The manager nowhere to be seen.
£43.40 for a very substandard and disappointing meal we where really looking forward to finishing our holiday with.
Would not recommend

3  Thank beckieHA
jillmills140, Owner at The Cow Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Sorry you feel,disappointed but. Our policy is to check tables when Food has been served and if you don’t comment when asked we can’t put it right