The Weary Ploughman Inn(Churston Ferrers)
US$180
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
Brixham House(Brixham)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsliving roomdvd playerlovely weekwithin walking distancetop floortown centrefantastic viewsminute walkbreakwaterapartmentpropertyloungewalksbayaccommodationtidysite
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at 42 Moorings Reach for four nights 20th March to the 24th the apartment has a garage that is supposed to fit two cars in tandem no outside parking. Having checked with Blue Chip and the owners I was assured my car would fit in a VW Touareg.

But on arrival I found the garage too narrow to fit my car in I probably could fit in in if someone guided me but I would not be able to get out of the door. My car is higher than a saloon but is no wider because it fits in a normal parking bay I can't see any one parking a car in there unless it is very small.

Having spoken to the caretaker who was very abrupt said I would have to park off site as there is no where else to park even though there is room in front of the garage there is no way I am parking off site. So I phoned the owners told them that the garage is too small she said because it wasn't so busy being off season I could park in bay 46.

The apartment was nice good views over the bay nice furnishings ect but the bed sunk in the middle and was uncomfortable needs replacing. There was a washing machine but no where to dry the clothes needs a washer dryer.

We enjoyed are stay at Moorings Reach and will no doubt be back but not at No42 due to the parking.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter J
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Last night at 50 Moorings Reach. Had a truly wonderful stay. A few niggles which we have addressed in the feedback form. None this stopped us from having a lovely week away in a lovely town. Great location. Would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We have no idea where the 4 star rating and price for this property comes from. The holiday didn't start off well after our encounter with a curt caretaker/cleaner called Rosemarie Larkin. On arrival, I simply asked the lady which button on the key fob opened the garage door and her response was "ohh come on" Not the kind of warm welcome I was expecting. I suggest Blue Chip keep her and her husband away from clients as their sour faces did not give the impression of a "happy ship"

The apartment itself had a stale odour and we had to buy a bottle of Febreeze to try and mask it.

Main points:

The balcony light did not work;
The Washing machine drawer was filthy;
There was food debris left in the freezer;
There carpet was marked in several places and poorly hoovered, so we re-hoovered it ourselves;
The woodwork and walls were marked;
The lounge curtains were ill fitting and had dirty hand marks on them;
We did not want to use the cooker extractor fan as it was filthy and covered in grease;
Our slippers stuck to the filthy kitchen floor;
Utensils were unclean and the cooker hob knobs were unclean;
Kitchen doors and chairs were unclean;
We could barely fit our Golf car in the garage. One of us had to stand inside guiding the driver in or out to avoid catching the garage door frame. We were told the car had to be parked inside to avoid blocking the neighbouring garage entrance. This put us off taking the car out;
The apartment was very sparse and not at all homely.

In a nutshell, filthy and very overpriced.

Due to all of the above we decided to leave 2 days early.

Could not sit in the lounge and look out to the harbour. The apartment faces north, so no sunlight came in. Why have a north facing balcony?

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonty1969
Reviewed 24 January 2018

This complex is situated by the Brixham Marina and the house we stayed in was so comfortable, clean and quiet and had stunning views across the bay from the lounge and bedroom. Within walking distance to the breakwater and the harbour and the town.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We stayed here for 5 days in Feb 2017. This is a wonderfully bright and well appointed apartment. Planned initially for my inlaws who have mobility issues this 3rd floor property was ideal.
Clean & bright throughout, tidy, good amenties, with wonderful views over the harbour. The apartment is located within a flat wlak to the town centre which makes it ideal for those with challenging mobility.
The beds are very comfortable, rooms spacious, plenty of storage.
The living space has plenty of seating, including reclining chairs.
The small kitchen has all you need and a lovely selection of biscuits and tea & coffee were provided by the letting agent.
Good WiFi, 2 free parking spaces.

Fabulous to the point that we are returning later in the year.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family