Quayside Hotel(Brixham)
US$117
US$99
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Beacon House B&B(Brixham)
Official Site
Sampford Guest House(Brixham)
Official Site
Driftwood B&B(Brixham)
Midhurst(Brixham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsocean clubgold plus caravanberry headoutdoor poolplatinum lodgeentertainment teamreception staffcoastal pathkids clubmonday to fridayon site shopevening entertainmenthalf boardfamily holidaybronze caravanplay arealovely park
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I had stayed there with my partner in 2013 , we enjoyed our stay then and I decided to book there again in December 2017 at a good price for a 4-6 bed cottage hoping that some friends would be coming with me. Sadly it did not happen for medical reasons. So I arrived solo at 15.15. I went to Reception and was surprised to be able have the keys to my holiday cottage early supplied by Jenny who was friendly and polite and also giving me £30 of upgrade vouchers during my 60 second conversation..
I found the cottage easily and unloaded my luggage and removed my car to the park. The accomodation was just adequate for my needs at the Bronze class. To be honest I found the sofa and chair extremely uncomfortable and the decor really tired and in need of a professional decorator. The bathroom had a shower no mat which was very slippy and I did fall on one occasion.
The kitchen had all the utensils I needed for my stay. The whole place was clean and tidy. I attached my own DVD player to the TV as I had no intention of using the club facilities as I still feel vulnerable on my own. My 68th birthday was very quiet.
I had a walk on a couple of occasions to Berry Head and was pleased to see the vast improvement to the site in general from my last visit as it badly needed upgrading. The transformation was pleasing to the eye and well maintained.
On the Sunday morning I approached my car to find a young chap looking in it. I got in without a word and decided to park it by my cottage like most others in that area despite the notices. I was surprised and delighted that Lorraine knocked on my door to ask if all was okay, that's a first !
I have to say I was annoyed at some drivers using the lane as a race track and not having the decency to acknowledge other users.
Finally, I was pleased to be allowed to stay solo as some places decline bookings for this and other obscure reasons. Sadly I may not stay in Brixham again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Andy B, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Rob L. Many thanks for this great review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything as it should be despite your holiday not going to plan. It was a shame your friends couldn't join you on this occasion, I do hope they get well soon so you can enjoy many more happy holidays together. Your comments regarding the furniture and decoration of our chalets have been noted and we will look into these to see where we can improve on our accommodation. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly I have to say that we got a caravan break here on the cheap as a last minute deal so I didn’t really get annoyed, but if I’d have paid full price I would have been seriously hacked off. The caravan was a bit shoddy, bits fallen off and bodged back on all over the place. Strong smell of dog too. The club house wasn’t very good, no one serving at the bar for ages, we had a meal there, the “restaurant “ is more like a truck stop (basic and plastic table covers) the food wasn’t what I’d call cheap but was very unimpressive. The location however is good, 20 mins walk into Brixham and nice walks along the cliffs. The pool was ok though. I’d visit again but only on a cheap deal it’s definitely not worth the full regular price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy S
Andy B, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you for your comments Andy S. All feedback is greatly appreciated and I will ensure this review reaches all of the departments concerned. I am positive our teams would have quickly resolved your issues once you had made us aware of them. Despite your issues it's great to note you would visit us again. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The 5* have been given purely for Jodie the Park Star Enterainer!! She does her job with so much passion and enthusiasm! She looked after our children always making sure they were happy and entertained, nothing was too much for her. She was always helpful, chatty and smiley to all our group and got to know all our children's name which was lovely for the children. Jodie is a credit to your team and is a big reason why our children (and grown ups) had such a good holiday. And the only reason we went to the club in the evenings.
Only wish the characters would have been out more, our children looked for them alot but given there are only 2 park star entertainers, i can see how this might be difficult.

Callum on the bar was also always super chatty and smiley in the evenings.
The opening times for the shop are limited given there are no amenities within walking distance. The staff on reception could have been more smiley and interacted with us more, they are the face of your business there was very little communication as you walked by or hung about in reception area . Although when i asked for extra bedding for the sofa it was actioned almost right away.
The caravan was basic, we rented a 10 berth for 10 and there was no trays or oven dishes to cook with. Utensils were basic and there was no sweeping brush for us to clean the floors with all week. 10 people and 3 being children we could have benefited from having something as simple as a brush.
The location was great and the site was lovely. Park itself was clean, secure and quite and good value for money. Children had a safe and fun place to play and make memories.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Andy B, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Many thanks for your review leahanne8701 and the very kind comments regarding Jodie (I will pass these onto her). It's great to read you and the family had such a good holiday with us and enjoyed the park. We appreciate all feedback regarding our guests stay with us, thank you for letting us about the issue with the lack of utensils,this will be acted on. Thank you once again for your comments, we hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We booked in for 4 nights but left after 2 due to lack of facilities. We stayed in a hotel suite style chalet which is advertised as only a part kitchen so we did not expect a cooker and certain other things but we did think you would have a sink and somewhere to wash and drain the dishes but instead you had to go into the bathroom wash the dishes and any thing else and put it all in the bath to drain which made it very awkward that is why after a couple of days we said thats enough and come home whoever thought of this style chalet did not in my opinion did not think it out .Apart from that the accommodation was clean and fairly well furnished.The camp is clean and very quiet.Majorityof staff is very good and polite

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Andy B, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you kr8476 for your review. We are a much smaller, quieter park here at Landscove compared to others in the area and our facilities reflect this. The bedroom suites are a different layout compared to other accommodation on the park and I apologise this was not suitable for you. I do hope you won't judge us to harshly and we can welcome you back to Landscove in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We usually stay at Riviera Bay just up the road, however we found Landscove for a really good price so booked there instead.

Having stayed at Riviera before and visited Landscove a few times, we knew the park but would be quiet but were happy to spend time at both parks.

It seems a waste to have a small indoor play area, not in use, full of bin bags, would be a great added extra on a cold wet day.
We used the indoor pool at landscove, shame it's so small as we got told there wasn't space for us when we first tried. Also not sure about the frosted toilet door in there.
Outdoor wasn't open over half term each time we checked, perhaps it opened whilst we were off site but seemed to be shut all week.

Apart from the benefit of an open soft play area, riviera Bay also has the bonus of a newer bigger park, the park at landscove is need of some tlc or at least something extra being added to it. Noticed one morning that the floor inside the wooden boat was full of glass.

Check in was quick and easy. Our room was clean. It was identical to the pictures we had seen on the website when booking. Bedroom was big and airy. Sofa bed probably needs replacing

We stayed for 7 nights. On Tuesday morning, our toilet seat fell off. Right off. It didn't become loose, it literally fell off in one go. As we left to go out for the day, with the intention of reporting the seat to reception for them to fix, a staff member was wandering around checking accomodation.
She asked if everything was OK with room and we told her about the toilet seat. She told us she would report it and someone would come to fix it.
We were out all day visiting local attractions with our children and usually got back on site after reception was closed so didn't have time to remind them, but no one ever came to fix the toilet seat or provide a new one. I mentioned it when we gave the keys back on Saturday and the reception staff looked baffled, so it seems the message never got to its destination from the Tuesday!
Not a great experience having to hold a toilet seat still all week for a four year old.

Plenty of character stock in for Loopy and Cyril but not much for Penny. In fact, no PHUK site seems to have a cuddly Penny. One very disappointed little girl.

The entertainment was OK, only two entertainers now, which I assume is because the camp is now mostly owners.

We really wanted to re book as we enjoyed our week, the children found it a great adventure to walk along the coast path to riviera Bay to join in with their evening entertainment.
However, despite staff at both sites pushing the idea of rebooking for the same price, we were unable to. We even checked with staff earlier in the week who said we would be able to rebook for the same price.
When we went to pay our deposit for next year the price had gone up by almost £100. I wouldn't even mind if it had gone up by £50, as we had lovely accomodation and enjoyed our week.
But £100 increase seems very steep, when all the posters say same price and the staff encourage you to rebook because of the offer. Perhaps I would feel differently if someone had been to fix the toilet seat.
Very frustrating when you've told the children they are coming back because we can re book, only to be told its impossible at that price

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wiggy10
Andy B, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you wiggy10 for your detailed review. Your comments regarding the park and the facilities will indeed be looked into and I apologise for the lack of maintenance regarding your toilet seat, we do have a warden who works every evening after reception has closed and he would have been more than able to fix your toilet seat for you had he been contacted. While Landscove is not an all action holiday park we are very family friendly. We find the facilities are ideal for the size of the park, I apologise that you found this not to be the case. I will look into your comments regarding the entertainment, we have a clear program set up for every day which includes children's entertainment and disco. With regards to the book again offer as per the terms on all the literature the holidays do have to meet a minimum price point to qualify. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the accommodation and I do hope we can welcome you back to one of our parks in the future.