“Lunchtime visits”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Modbury
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I've been here a few times and always enjoy it. We've had paninis, home made soups and coffee. They also do a range of cakes which look nice but I haven tasted these. The waitresses are always friendly and efficient - I think they probably are students. The cafe is nicely furnished and there is a loo in an outhouse outside plus seating outside.

1  Thank suebpl2017
There are newer reviews for Lazy Cow

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Lazy Cow is always delicious, friendly and good value. It's local to us so it's hard to say what's best breakfast, lunch, cake but I do think about their coffee...a lot.

1  Thank Melbobjon
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Lazy cow i doff my cap to you ladies! I visited here yesterday with my wife, daughter, mother-in-law and dog. The adults all had the breakfast with myself opting for the slghtly larger breakfast . We all said it was the best full english breakfast we have ever had!!! Everything was cooked perfectly and the sausages and bacon were thick, good quality meats and not a bit if fat at all on the plate!!

My only tip would be to offer different types of egg on the breakfast as both myself and my wife would have gone for the scrambled and after tasting our daughters we bith thought it was amazing!

As well as doing amazing breakfasts the lazy cow also do amazing cakes!! So if you wanting to visit for just a hot drink and slice of cake then this is also the place to visit! I had the chocolate and guiness cake and was sooo good! It was so fresh and moist that i could have had a few!

The shop also sells some quirky signs, cards and kitchenware, which are all lovely and the signs and cards are very funny to read.

The lazy cow is also dog friendly and even have a bucket by the front door with dog treats in for free, which is a lovely kind offer by the owners.

The parking is a council pay and display car park but is only 90p for an hour.

As well as seatinv inside there are also tables outside but the weather was too cold and wet at the time we were there to go outside.

I dont know who decides what trip advisor ranking category these shops and restaurants go into but the lazy cow needs to be put into a larger restaurant list to show how good this place is.

Well done ladies keep up the good work and if we are in the area again we will definitely be popping in!

3  Thank Bruffy84
Reviewed 22 April 2017

What a wonderful little place the Lazy cow is. We popped in during a cycle ride, there is a wide range of deviously cooked home made cakes to tempt you with along with sandwiches and a variety of other snacks, the food we had was delicious. I would certainly recommend the carrot cake. The young staff are enthusiastic and charming. There is seating at the front and rear on a sunny day a real sun trap.

2  Thank Dbayliss
Reviewed 30 March 2017

This is a good place to find. Meals are not large, Panini, jackets etc. Toasted teacakes mid morning or afternoon tea time are recommended. Service can be slow and prices are on the high side. Its joint venture at Breakwater Road, Pomplett - The Mess café- is very similar. It has the same menu

2  Thank Keith B