All reviews saddle room low beams thatched roof hayloft room scallops lovely garden lunch whilst main restaurant plaice excellent meal lovely place the pub lovely room fantastic food steak beer garden duck
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We came twice while staying in Devon. Once to the main restaurant and the second time we sat in the bar area. Food was tasty and service was good. Very much enjoyed soup of the day with fresh bread. a perfect solution for eating out in this area. We did not sleep there so we can only recommend the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

25/07/2017
We were on are way from Exter to Tavistock after picking our son up and decide to stop at the Bearslake inn for Lunch.
This turned out to be an excellent choice, with the food being well presented and staff extremely friendly.
Would highly recommend

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Bearslake, Owner at Bearslake Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Many thanks for your positive comments meperry 2017, much appreciated!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived and where well looked after by the friendly helpful and professional staff.
Excellent food. Excellent beer and wine.
Excellent rooms. I'm probably the prettiest public house I have ever seen.
And right on the edge of Dartmoor national park.
Will be back

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Many thanks for your kind comments Simon L, much appreciated!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights from 17th July. I was made very welcome by the very friendly and efficient staff. I slept in a lovely room, ate in the restaurant each evening and of course was treated to a great breakfast each day. Even though a key member of the establishment (the head chef and co-owner) was confined to a hospital bed, the rest of the staff, including his wife and daughter, made sure that the guests were looked after. Thank you all for making my holiday enjoyable, despite the weather!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger S

Many thanks for your kind comments Roger, it was a pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stopped in here after a walk and ordered 2 roasts, 1 beef and 1 turkey. The meals came quickly but my beef had a big black hair in the gravy. I didn't say anything to the waitress at this point as although off-putting it seemed minor. I tried to get it out with my fork and the gravy had a skin on it so it appeared it was not fresh and had been pre-prepared for a while. A tiny plate of veg came out with 8 string beans, 5 small pieces of broccoli and a handful of carrots. I assumed this was my husbands and waited for another one to arrive. When we were eventually brought our cutlery I asked if the other plate of veg could be brought out. I started to eat the beef while waiting which was a very bad cut full of fat and gristle and the texture was akin to shoe leather. Meanwhile another member of staff came out and said if we wanted EXTRA veg we would have to pay. I was shocked that we had paid over the odds for what was served, and they had the cheek to ask us to pay more to get an average amount of food. We have stayed here before and were very pleased but this complete lack of value or service has put me off going anywhere near this place again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple