“Attention , if the place is busy do not go in .......”
Review of The Clipper - CLOSED

The Clipper
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Dear people , if you go to Exmouth and Clipper , if you see its quiet then you can go in and have your drinks. but i do not guarantee good food here there was here good food here. for drinks its fine , central and ok , but if its busy , please walk away to some quiet places. other wise you will wait long time for the service.

Reviewed 17 May 2015

Really nice new redec, smartly dressed staff, and helpful. Great real ales, reasonable priced meals. Really recommend for most occasions.

Reviewed 15 January 2015

We called into the clipper on Sunday 11th January at lunchtime. I was a bit worried because it was quite empty and on previous visits it's always been busy. The staff explained that they were shutting that evening for refurbishment but were still offering a limited menu. I really wish we had gone somewhere else. Both my husbands meal and mine were awful. Barely edible. My husband had the burger and I swear it had been cooked days ago and microwaved. It was so tough!!
It would have been better if they had not offered any menu at all and just closed for refurbishment. I really hope they get their act together when they reopen, although I would be nervous about giving it another chance.

Reviewed 4 January 2015

My wife called in here to book a table for New Years Day lunchtime, a specific table was booked. When we arrived at five to one, the table had not been reserved and we were told that there would be a 45 minute wait for food, even though I would calculate that the pub was less than a quarter full of people. Very poor, total waste of time, we walked across to the Wetherspoons Powder Monkey pub which was considerably busier and had our meal in front of us within 15 minutes.

Reviewed 4 January 2015

My wife and I decided to take our two kids out for a nice meal early in the New Year. We stumbled across The Clipper and despite what could have been a comedy of errors we had a really good night.
In fairness, they were honest about the problems they had experienced with deliveries over the festive period but even they seems taken aback by the meal substitutions between order and table. Basically, they had no fish and the cauliflower/broccoli cheese morphed into caramelised red onions and olives.
The staff were very apologetic and gave us a round of deserts and coffees on the house. These problems can befall the best of restaurants but not all of them would be able to put on such a good show of customer service.

Well Done!