“Quality fish and chips”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Excellent fish and chips. Quick service and the place looks so clean. Friendly service. Eat in or take away.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

Excellent food at great prices.
Service we excellent all the staff were very friendly.
The drinks prices are also sensible.
We have been several times and find its best to go in the afternoon when they are not so busy if you want quick service, but the evenings are ok too.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Dear people , if you go to Exmouth and Clipper , if you see its quiet then you can go in and have your drinks. but i do not guarantee good food here there was here good food here. for drinks its fine , central and ok , but if its busy , please walk away to some quiet places. other wise you will wait long time for the service.

Reviewed 17 May 2015

Really nice new redec, smartly dressed staff, and helpful. Great real ales, reasonable priced meals. Really recommend for most occasions.

Reviewed 15 January 2015

We called into the clipper on Sunday 11th January at lunchtime. I was a bit worried because it was quite empty and on previous visits it's always been busy. The staff explained that they were shutting that evening for refurbishment but were still offering a limited menu. I really wish we had gone somewhere else. Both my husbands meal and mine were awful. Barely edible. My husband had the burger and I swear it had been cooked days ago and microwaved. It was so tough!!
It would have been better if they had not offered any menu at all and just closed for refurbishment. I really hope they get their act together when they reopen, although I would be nervous about giving it another chance.