“Snuck away for a treat”
Review of Tower Inn

Tower Inn
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Hungry and in need of some time away from work we enjoyed a relaxing evening and catch up with a friend in the charming atmosphere of the well-loved Tower Inn.
On approaching the pub from the outside it looked welcoming and slightly magical. Inside the fire was lit and there were candles on the tables
We ordered a yummy starter of scallops and some spicy parsnip soup. For main my friend and I had partridge which was very tasty and my husband had a lovely lump of steak. Looking at the pudding in the photo I wish I had left some room for more.
The service was friendly and staff had a lovely way about them.
For many reasons this is our favourite pub in the area.
(My husband and I had our first kiss in the tower garden in 1993, he he)

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We have just spent a long weekend at the Tower Inn, the accommodation was fine, room was well furnished clean and warm, bathroom was very small but again very clean. All the rooms were in a separate part of the pub and we were not affected by any noise, there are fairly steep steps up to the rooms which may be difficult for some. It appeared that dogs were welcomed in the rooms and they were certainly welcome in the pub its self.
The food was delicious with good quality produce and certainly fine dining not "pub grub" I believe there is two chefs, one French one Spanish. Dinner was by candle light which was nice but there were also several locals just dropping in for a drink giving the whole place a very friendly atmosphere. There are a selection of real ales to choose from and we didn't think the bottles of wine were in any way over priced
Yes the lane is very narrow, but you have been warned and if in doubt park in the road and walk up.
We will certainly consider going back

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We had lunch on a Monday so it was fairly quiet. Food was OK but not outstanding - my crabcakes were too dry, particularly when put together with such large chips. But would recommend it.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Now more of a restaurant than a pub - the service was very good, food was very fine with portions on the large size !! We will be back....
Certainly the best pub / restaurant in the area by far....

Reviewed 14 October 2012

It's not easy to find and you'll have to negotiate a small driveway to get in, but it is worth the effort, the Tower Inn is charming. A pub steeped in history and feels instantly welcoming as soon as you walk through the door, the owners and staff are delightful which is always a good start! The menu is comprehensive without being pretentious, you can tell that the chef knows his stuff (French I believe). The food is high quality with good portion sizes, the steak is particularly good and the pork belly is out of this world. From start to finish we were in culinary heaven and as 'foodies' we are very fussy but we couldn't fault any of the dishes that we had ordered. This pub offers excellent quality food at good prices and we shall certainly be back for more!