“Cosy and inviting venue ”
Review of The Crabshell Inn

The Crabshell Inn
Ranked #19 of 72 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The CRABSHELL INN is gloriously situated on the quayside in Kingsbridge and with its south westerly aspect basks in the sun all day. The Crabshell is gaining a fine reputation as an eatery of distinction with an increasingly acclaimed menu. The Inn is “child friendly” and children of all ages are very welcome…
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We visited as staying in the local area, we all really enjoyed it. The food was great, service attentive and friendly and relaxed and inviting ambience, would defiantly visit again if staying locally again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Pre booked table online and as it was early before 6pm the chap at reception said to have a drink in the bar and gave us a tab number .

When we went up the place was empty apart from another table and the girl asked us how many and our name and then sat us down . There was then a bit of a commotion as I think they thought I hadn’t booked and the girl came over and said “off by 8 okay??” Asking what she meant she then advised they wanted to turn the table and said 2 hours was more than enough for us . It was as we were in a rush but I didn’t need to be told that by her and also she could have explained the situation in a more friendly manner.

She said they had run out of the focaccia bread (which turned out to be complementary) but didn’t offer a replacement and a couple of other things were off but completely understandable as it was xmas . We ordered and everything arrived apart from the pizza which another girl said came from another kitchen and they had forgot to tell them to start cooking it so I waited about 5 minutes for this to arrive and then could start eating mine by which time the others had got half way through. I then asked for a pint which was forgotten. I didn’t bring it up and we were in a rush so just got the bill to which 10% had been added. I would never have left a tip based on the service because although the food was okay the service fell way short. It could be a cracking place but it needs a strong front of house person to keep all the youngsters under control ! I’m sure they clear up in the summer as it’s such a great spot but if they want to keep the locals happy they need a bit of a change I feel...

3  Thank scott b
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We went to the crabshell on xmas eve very good service and excellent meal well worth a visit a slight parking problem was are only concern

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We were a party of 6 adults and 1 9 year old boy getting together with friends who we haven’t seen for a while for a pre Christmas meal, we prebooked weeks in advance for a 6.30 slot so shouldn’t have been over busy. There was a table occupied by various generations which were very noisy and disruptive and meant that we could barely hear our conversation, the menu was minimal but we ordered 3 different dishes, they had run out of game pie for one of our party so they chose lamb rump steak along with one other, we waited 50 minutes for the food to arrive and when it did so non of us were enamoured by our plates of food, I am lactose intolerant and can alway tell the calibration of the kitchen as to how they deal with my order, the plate of food I had was just pared own removing the sauce as it contained cream but didn’t give me an alternative and the steak I had, I couldn’t recognise what cut of steak it was, it was advertised as a hanger steak, but I found that it was fibrous and tough with little flavour and came with a small portion of skinny fries, some baby leaves and a caramelised onion, all rather dry with no sauce, In my opinion at £18.95 this didn’t represent value for money, the two rump lambs were just solid fat and inedible and were returned to the kitchen and beafburgers were ordered as a replacement which in fairness were the best of a bad bunch, 2 people ordered sweet and that also took 40 minuets to arrive by which time we were ready to walk out, when paying the bill they only took 10% off the two replacement meals and stood a round of drinks which in our opinion should have been at least a bottle of wine knocked off! All in all a rather poor experience and we will not be returning to eat

4  Thank Ladymay1
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The quick pizzas are great, especially for children. Had a vegetarian option last time and it was delicious. The staff are super polite and friendly and always flexible to accommodate you in the bar area if the restaurant tables are booked. Be warned that booking is advisable for seated as even in low season, you need to arrive before 5 to secure a eating seat, although there are seats outside for those who can bare the elements