“When in Bantham, go to the Sloop”
Review of The Sloop Inn

The Sloop Inn
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our 14th Century Inn is steeped in tradition and is a short walk from the surfing beach of Bantham.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

When you visit Bantham beach, you should stop off for a drink in the Sloop. We ate here twice and within our group the best food seemed to be off their specials menu. Good choice for adults, teens and kids. It's dog friendly, kid friendly and very friendly to everyone else too!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

My husband and I went to The Sloop for dinner on Monday evening to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. All the food we had was absolutely delicious - we had salt and pepper squid, the burger, sticky toffee pudding plus a meal that wasn't even on the menu! I wanted the duck leg but unfortunately they had sold out. Feeling disappointed I couldn't decide on anything else on the menu so I asked the barman if the chef would do the duck meal but with the piri piri chicken instead of the duck; he asked the chef (who said it was absolutely fine) and the meal was wonderful! I was so grateful for how accommodating they were. On Wednesday we went for a long coastal walk and Bantham was the middle of our walk. It just so happened to be lunchtime so we popped in and sat outside for fish and chips - wonderful! Great food, great drinks, great service. Please go!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Always a favourite when we stay here in South Milton. The lay out of the restaurant seems to change, but each time for the better in my opinion.
We had 3 x the fillet of sea bass & 1 pork belly, all of which were excellent. Desserts were good also. Always a good meal

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate dinner here on a busy Saturday, but the staff were charming and efficient and made our evening enjoyable. We had fish starters and main courses which were freshly cooked and well presented. My bowl of mussels was very generous in size, but they were slightly over cooked. Nevertheless we all enjoyed our meals and would go back again.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

First came to this splendidly characterful pub aged 7 when all I got was a ginger beer and a packet of crisps in the car park while my parents had fish and chips inside.
Instead of reporting them to social services, I just went back as an adult and made my own choices.
Unlikely that you will find better in Devon. The beer is great, the food is great and the staff are great.
Just half a mile from one of the best beaches in the world, what more could you ask.

Date of visit: June 2018