“most delicious leek and leek scones”
Review of Harbour House Cafe

Harbour House Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Kingsbridge
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Description: Lucy's bright, light café at Harbour House, with an idyllic secluded garden, offers a creative and interesting menu of breakfast, lunch and tempting teatime treats all based on wholesome veggie ingredients: really honest good food cooked by Lucy and her team. Gluten free and vegan options are always available. Also try a cup of carefully brewed Owens Organic Coffee or a pot of loose leaf tea from the Devon Tea Co. And Lucy and Clare really do bake fabulous cake and scones, fresh every day.
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We had lunch in the garden. It is very nice. We had soup (cheese and broccoli ) and leek ands cheese scone (warm). The scones were the best I have had. The service was good. I would really recommend this for lunch.

There are newer reviews for Harbour House Cafe

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Have had coffee and then later both lunch and tea here because it is so good. There is a lovely garden with a fountain and flowers and the cafe is light and bright with art work on display. The food is stunning and very good value. Everything is home made, lovely coffees and a very wide range of teas, fresh baked cakes and amazing scones (about 6 different types!). The cakes are all really different, try the almond, pistachio and apricot or the lemon polenta, and the maple and pecan and the rhubarb and sour cream, gosh I wish I could try them all. Lunches are great too, I had a butternut squash sage red pepper and tomato pizza with salad, the pizza was made with a base of squash and light cheese its savoury on a spelt bread base, never had that before but its savoury and tasty without being too rich or heavy, I think thats how I would sum up all the food here.
A destination cafe for me now!

1  Thank drphilipgodfrey
Reviewed 5 May 2016

We arrived with our dog and were greeted warmly and made to feel welcome. The ratatouille and veg chilli were both delicious. The coffees were expertly made and the fruit scone was the best I'd tasted - warm with plenty of jam and clotted cream. The beautiful weather made all the difference and we sat out in the delightful garden. Highly recommended.

1  Thank jillgilbert
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

d on blackboards. A good sign. Lovely home made cauli and cannelini bean soup with locally baked sourdough and a pat of butter. Followed by orange and lemon polnta xake with blueberries for me and freshly baked cinnamon roll for my partner. Excellent coffee. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Stewart B
HHCLucy, Owner at Harbour House Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Thank you very much for your review. Our menu is changing most days and we like to keep things fresh so we just use blackboards for our lunch items. We make all our food ourselves except the bread which comes from the Bake House, Salcombe. Hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

We had Beetroot and apple soup with home-made sour dough bread, home-made hummus and pitta, a big avacado sandwich, carrot & courgette muffin and lots of salad - followed by beautiful home made cakes and excellent coffee. Kids moaned about the healthy food - and then wanted seconds!! A kind of rustic, peasant food, freshly prepared by a proper instictive cook. Lovely whole-food menu, a pretty and peaceful garden, overlooking a gallery inside and and a yoga studio outside. Very relaxed and tranquil and the loveliest, warm and freindly staff (they emailed me the recipie for the muffins!!) - a highlight of our week in Kingsbridge!

Thank you very much for your warm review. We very much enjoyed meeting you and are glad that you and your family enjoyed the cafe and the food. We have a lot of fun making the cafe a nice place to be and the food as good as we can. I hope the muffin recipe came in handy! Do drop in again when you are next in Kingsbridge.