“Jaxsons on line shopping”
Review of Jaxsons Deli - CLOSED

Jaxsons Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A really neat deli in Bridport, serving simple but fantastic home made food all sourced from within their deli. Check out the huge range of West Country cheeses too
Reviewed 10 April 2015

My 93 year old Mum has just moved to Hartlepool to live with us and I wanted to say thank you to her neighbours of 40 years. Jaxsons were unbelievably helpful in making this a special thank you by delivering food that I had selected and giving the delivery a personal touch over and above the call of duty. This is first class service and rarely experienced in today's world. Thank you Jaxsons!!

1  Thank Judith N

Reviewed 29 March 2015

When visiting my parents in Bridport, we often visit Jaxsons. The atmosphere is always welcoming, the service always spot on and the cake, to die for!

1  Thank Becky B
Reviewed 19 March 2015

I had decided to stop here for a coffee and cake on the way to Cornwall and I had looked this place out because of the excellent reviews that it has been getting, however on arrival at around 2:45pm (they close at 4pm) I was disappointed by the basic décor (a bit like a truck stop café). I had a quick look and didn’t see any menu on the wall or on any of the tables, neither did I see any cakes so I just ordered a coffee which was average. I was curious if there was any food offered here however I didn’t ask about because I would have felt odd replying that I didn’t actually want anything.
When I paid afterwards I noticed on the display counter that there were 2 small slices of cake and something that looked like a couple of cheese straws, though there was no label or price indicating what this was.

So from my experience I can’t recommend this place with so many others in area.

3  Thank Tufty_B
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Good place to have a coffee and tasty sarnies and natter with friendly owners. Try the famous "Cheese Challenge"! Just ask at the counter and they'll explain. Have a fiver ready for a nice selection of cheeses. Or the Full Cheese Challenge, next step up I guess, and let them choose the cheeses. More delis should offer this fun simple way of selling a vital comestible. Think they got the idea from a fromagerie in France or somewhere.. hatsoff to them for bringing it to Dorset.

All in all it is better to come to this place than to not ... can't say fairer than that.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

This little place is a gem, tucked away behind a small frontage on West Street in Bridport - we must have walked past it dozens of times not realising what it was. Inside is an old style deli with shelves stacked high with all sorts of interesting things, many locally sourced. The chiller contains a wonderful array of cheeses, mostly from the surrounding area. Sit at one of the small gingham cloth-covered tables and one of the friendly team will come and take your order. They serve breakfast and light lunches, and have homemade cakes for tea as well. The coffee is their own blend from a supplier in Bath (they will sell you a variety of their range of coffees) and they know how to make proper Italian coffees. Espresso and macchiato were perfect with great flavour. Try Jaxsons for a bit of old world charm and modern foodie excellence.

1  Thank Ewan G