“Scrumptious”
Review of Jaxsons Deli - CLOSED

Jaxsons Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A really neat deli in Bridport, serving simple but fantastic home made food all sourced from within their deli. Check out the huge range of West Country cheeses too
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Just had a Blue Vinnie cheese and pickle sandwich (brown bread) from this unassuming little deli/cafe in Bridport. Quite possibly the most lip-smackingly gorgeous sandwich I've ever eaten. Just brilliant.

Reviewed 6 September 2015

as of July new owners took over and the establishment has been renamed the Lime Tree Deli; the website is thelimetreedeli dot co dot uk

We entered this friendly establishment on the afternoon of the annual Hat day. (Saturday 5th September). Everyone goes around wearing the most outrageous and bizarre headgear and the most original outfits get prizes.

The whole town comes alive and this deli was a part of it, bustling with people.

Andrew and Becky Hartley of the proprietors and made us feel welcome and they treated their own food very respectfully I noticed. The owner carefully wrapped a purchase, a cheese, in cellophane and put it carefully in a bag.

We had a coffee and tea and a cake that was rather too sweet for my taste or maybe I'm getting more intolerant of sugar but the atmosphere was most delightful with everybody talking to everybody else as you would expect on such a special day.

The phone number is 01308 456850

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Had a lovely lunch here and we all had something different, all local and all delicious. Staff were so friendly and all in all a very enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Myself, wife and grandson had been browsing in bridport, needed to feed the little one pretty quickly and came upon this place. It was 2.40 and the place was empty.
Sat down and our order was taken immediately, 3 x toasties, 2 x teas and an orange squash so nothing arduous. Our drinks were served fairly quickly well actually a very small teapot and the orange squash. At that point the waitress was taking orders from 2 other tables, anyway we asked if the tea with a single teabag was for 2? Ooops sorry no, I'll get another. Then I asked if she could wipe the table cloth as it was very sticky and had hairs stuck on it, she actually only wiped that little spot, we were now thinking we would rather be somewhere else, we persevered but oh dear we should have left. The other 2 couples who ordered after us were served (toasties) I then asked if our order was coming? "Oh yes" said the lady cook "I don't have enough room to do it all together and all orders came at once?" In a very surly manner as well.
Basically I paid the not insignificant sum of 22.00 for 3 toasted bacon and Brie sandwiches, 2 teas and an orange squash, a disgraceful attitude 40 minute wait and tables that were plainly dirty.
I will definitely swerve this place in future.
There was a nice sign behind the counter though "2014 south west service award" I can only imagine the south west either had only one entrant or the competition is very poor.

1  Thank ChrisBushell
Reviewed 14 May 2015

What lovely service today on our break from driving home from our holiday in North Devon. We had our dogs with us and needed a good cuppa and fresh air from travelling in the car. They made us very welcome, lovely cup of tea. Fresh bowl of water for the dogs. Great friendly service.

2  Thank Ruth H