All reviewsyoung waitershort staystayed here for one nightpleasant staycorfe castlemonkey worldjanepurbeck
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We stayed here in a family room for one night with my son. The rooms are old with very dated decor and a basic standard of furnishings - but we didn't mind that too much especially given the price. The rooms were overall pretty clean but there were one or two things that could have been cleaner. The free wifi was very weak and we couldn't connect at all. The big issue is with the breakfast service - one very stressed young lady serving quite a lot of people meant that everyone received a long wait for their juice, coffee, breakfast etc. We didn't receive our juice or our coffee and had to ask again and there was no offer of a drinks refill or toast and marmalade after our breakfast. However, the breakfast itself was very tasty and well-cooked! The owners and staff are also very friendly. I think if they upped cleanliness in a few areas, made some basic updates to furnishings and decor, and improved breakfast service they would have a good B & B offer.

Room Tip: The family room no.8 was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Parking is a bit of an issue here - you can only park outside between 17.00 and 10.00 if you get a space. You can park in the pay and display car park for a maximum of four hours so you need to be careful with your timings.

This is an old hotel, so the bedrooms are small. Ours was simply furnished which was fine. No hand soap in the dispenser so I asked for it to be filled up the next day and I was told that it would be. It wasn't. I went downstairs in the evening to ask for soap and a nice chap said he would bring me some. He had to make a second trip because by then I realised that we had been given no shower gel either.

Reasonable choice for breakfast, but no offer of brown bread. Only white bread was served, which is a slight problem for me because I find it indigestible. We ordered, and after a very long wait our coffee arrived, then our cereal. The cooked breakfast then arrived and it was quite nice apart from the sausage, which wasn't very flavoursome. Part way through the cooked breakfast the fruit juice arrived. We waited so long that I had to go out and move the car because of the parking restrictions whilst we were waiting for our food to arrive. We were not alone - a couple had to walk out before the food arrived to keep an appointment.

Don't expect too much from the decor in the communal areas. Everything seems to be painted black which highlights all the chips in the paintwork. The carpets are due for retirement too.

The bar doesn't appear to be open in the evenings, so we went out and explored the town, and a nice little town it is too.

l

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The room was sub standard at best, with fairly poor furnishings; I'm yet to decide what contributed to my lack of sleep between the solid mattress, potentially unwashed bedding or horrific pillows.
Stay well clear of the restaurant, generally dirty dining room, tiny tables and frankly poor food quality. (Huge hairs in meals etc).
Although it appears to be one of the cheaper establishments in the area, it just proves that you get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel whilst at camp bestival.

Fantastic location for the festival only 15 minutes away.

Lovely little quaint hotel, rooms are very dated but was perfect for our need as only needed a bed to sleep

Staff were very friendly , breakfast was lovely lots of choice.

We had dinner in the restaurant too and couldn't fault it

Only fault is the parking , only room for 3 cars so we couldn't get in . You can park a lot of places near by free 7pm-10am so this was fine for us as we was out all day long. Other times you do have to pay

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I booked this as a break for myself and husband,building had character but in need of tlc,rooms in need of tlc bed very uncomfortable ,very noisy inside and out,and breakfast fair choice but coffee was cold bacon not cooked to how liked even though asked so had to be sent back,cheap sausages over all wasn't to good
either. definitely won't visit again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple