“Lovely meal after day out”

The Silent Woman Inn
Ranked #23 of 54 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Returning back to our camp site, was highly recommended The Silent Woman earlier today so we booked a table.

It was extremely busy, and a wait for food but can safely say 3 very happy boys tonight plus staff were great.

Will recommend to others! See you again next year!

1  Thank laurabN5148PL
Write a reviewReviews (519)

Reviewed 21 August 2021

Booked a table for 5.30pm on Fri 20 Aug for 2 adults and 2 young children.
At 7pm after a wait of 1 hour 30 minutes our food, comprising of a burger, scampi and 2 children's meals, had still not arrived.
Although enquiring twice to see how long the food would be no explanation or apology was given.
Decided to vote with my feet and departed telling the staff why.
Such a shame as this place could be superb if better managed.
Menu was also very lack lustre in our opinion with most meals comprising frozen chips.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

We went for an evening meal here last week. I understand it has recently changed hands so the new owners may still be finding their feet. It's a lovely place - nice old pub and gardens. They sell Badger beers which I've always found pretty uninspiring but also a good range of lagers. My wife is coeliac and so eating out can be a problem, but here the menu options are clearly marked GF and vegan and they had a GF lager. The service was good though it was early evening so fairly quiet. From it's position I guess it aims to serve the many camp sites around so the menu is fairly basic, which is usually a blessing in a pub which probably relies on a fairly rapid turnover of diners. The food was basic pub grub, this is not a gastro pub thank goodness! So don't expect too much. What we had was enjoyable and will hopefully improve over the coming months as the new owners settle in. The decor was good - white not the fashionable grey walls, a carpeted floor and unobtrusive music. For 3 courses for the 2 of us, with drinks, was £78

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Very impressed as never visited before and decided to go for lunch. Great service and lovely freshly cooked food. With plenty of choice on the lunch menu, there was something for everyone. The pizzas looked fantastic- will try one on my next visit.
Much bigger inside than we thought and very clean and inviting. Large garden looked very inviting

1  Thank karen t
Reviewed 8 August 2021

Have visited this pub many times but this time was the best by far. It is under new management who have turned the place in to a keeper!!
There was a family fun day on, in aid of charity so the place was busy and plenty of things for kids to do!

There was a great atmosphere, the entertainment was spot on and even though you could tell the staff were working hard they still continued to smile and serve in a professional manner.

The food was amazing to only had a few sides and a pizza for the table to share but oh my god, the best sweet potato fries I have ever tasted!!
I'm sad that this isn't my local but will definitely be visiting again soon.

Thank you to all involved who made it a fun relaxing place to spend the day! See you all soon!!

2  Thank SLawrence35