“Tasty Pasta, Pizza & More”
Review of Fratelli

Fratelli
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Ballymena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Fratelli is a fun and update Italian restaurant located on the Galgorm Resort & Spa, an excellent dinner choice for resort guests. Lots of great menu options make it good for more than one night during your stay. Small appetizer plates to share, salads, pastas, pizzas and carne (meat) dishes. There's even a Sunday Roast menu available.

This is a great casual option, perfect for couples and families with kids staying at the resort.

MFairbanksGalgorm, Manager at Fratelli, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear jaypea,

Thank you for your kind review and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to our Fratelli restaurant during your stay at Galgorm Resort & Spa.

Fratelli Ristorante, Pizzeria & Bar oozes rustic Italian charm with a contemporary edge. In Italian Fratelli means ‘brothers’ and in name and nature we welcome our guests into the Fratelli home; a family friendly, informal environment where the focus is on simple yet quality cookery.

Our friendly team serve traditional Italian dishes with a modern twist. Authentic Italian cicchetti perfect for sharing, pizzas fired in our wood oven, mouthwatering pasta dishes and tempting mini desserts all feature on our unique menu. The Italian culture is alive within Fratelli, where Fratelli kids are always welcome and enjoy the experience as much as the bigger people!

Thank you again for your lovely comments and for taking the time to review us. My team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Fratelli in the not too distance future.

Warmest Regards,

Georgie Briota
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Outstanding restaurant great food great atmosphere great staff great cocktails great everything! Can't fault it at all!

Dear Caoimhim O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our Fratelli Ristorante.

It is brilliant to read that you particularly enjoyed our food and cocktails, and found the staff to be great.

We have fantastic offers and deals available for our guests like Fratelli Mondays- buy one main meal and get another free, Ladies Night at Fratelli- £14.95pp for a choice of main course with a glass of wine or soft drink. Every Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday between 5pm- 7pm and Friday 5pm- 9pm our guests can taste the most exquisite and flavourful cocktails, buy one get one free.

The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back at Fratelli Galgorm, in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Georgie & Fratelli Team

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I went here after using the spa at Galgorm and it was the perfect end to the evening. The food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive and made sure we were happy with the meal and got us more drinks, she also recommended a bottle of wine to compliment the meal. I ordered the special, a gnocchi dish which did not disappoint.

Dear foodbaby88,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our Fratelli Ristorante.

I am very pleased that you especially enjoyed the meal, and found the food delicious. I have passed your nice comments to the Head Chef and his team, and they are each delighted.

We pride ourselves on delivering a friendly, sincere and personalised service and it is wonderful to read that you felt very well cared for during your visit.

Your feedback means a lot to us all here at Fratelli, so thank you very much for taking the time to share a few words about your experience, it is truly appreciated.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Georgie Briota,
Fratelli Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Fratelli offers quite an extensive Italian menu so there will be something for most tastes. I had smoked salmon for starter, a decent size portion too. This was followed by the crispy fried hake, a really tasty dish and cooked to perfection.
My wife had a starter pasta dish with garlic bread as a side for her main, again delicious, the garlic bread has to be one of the best around.
The restaurant is popular with families which has a downside where thankfully only a few parents allow their small children to use the restaurant as a playground. These parents are often oblivious to their kids running amongst staff serving hot food.
Prices are on the high side of average but good portions and value, sides are an expensive £4.50 though. The service, atmosphere and food are excellent and I doubt if you will be disappointed, highly recommended.

Dear Hector7777, thank you for your very kind review of your recent visit. I am delighted to have read your very high praise for our restaurant. We work so very hard here at Fratelli to ensure that all of our guests have a truly memorable experience, which after reading your review, I am pleased to see that you did. This makes us incredibly proud to read.

Here at Fratelli, we aim to provide a varied choice of dishes to suit every individual, and I am very pleased that you found the food cooked to perfection. It is wonderful to know that you especially enjoyed Chef’s Crispy Fried Hake, and that your wife found the garlic bread to be “one of the best around “. The cicchetti are a nice way to sample Italy’s varied cuisine, we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our menu, and I’m delighted you enjoyed Chef’s cicchetti del giorno. I have shared your lovely comments with the Head Chef and his team, who are absolutely over the moon.

We really do appreciate your wonderful review, and on behalf of the entire team here, would like to thank you for your very kind words and for describing the service, atmosphere and food excellent.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Fratelli in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
Georgie & Fratelli Team

Reviewed 21 July 2017

This was our second visit to this restaurant. We had a nice relaxing day in the spa and thermal village and were looking forward to a nice quiet meal before heading home. We arrived at 5.00 pm when the restaurant was almost empty . We were shown to a table near another couple and ordered. Just as we started our appetisers a group of about 12 or 13 6 yr old children arrived for a birthday party at the table right beside us ( so close that they bumped against our chairs as they moved around) The staff knew they were coming because the table was all set up. Now we have no objection to children's parties and the group were well behaved but being children and excited they were naturally noisy.
Why were we and other diners seated right beside them? The restaurant is big and naturally falls into two sections and the other section was empty could the kids party not have been seated there or the adult diners seated there ?
It was not the quiet relaxing meal we had hoped for .
The food was good especially my seafood tagiatelli and the desserts. The goat's cheese bruschetta that we shared as a starter was too small for the price paid as was a small portion of garlic bread for £5 .
Some more thought needs to go into the restaurant organisation .

MFairbanksGalgorm, Manager at Fratelli, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear holidayseeker,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following from your visit at Fratelli Galgorm.

I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed such a nice day and experienced the ultimate in luxury relaxation at the unique Thermal Village and Spa at Galgorm.

Here at Fratelli, we aim to provide a varied choice of dishes to suit every individual, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meal and found the food good. It is wonderful to know that you especially enjoyed Chef’s Piatta Del Giorno, the seafood tagliatelle. Our miniature desserts are a nice way to sample Italy’s varied desserts, we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our menu, and I’m delighted you enjoyed them. I have shared your lovely comments with the Head Chef and his team, who are absolutely over the moon.

I would like to assure you that the team and I will be working as hard as ever to ensure that our guests have a wonderful time with us. We are absolutely dedicated to ensuring that each and every detail of a visit is perfect, and to assist in any way that we can. We are, of course, always looking to improve our very high standards of service, and your feedback is highly valued.

Our guests´ happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority, and I am therefore sincerely sorry that we did not have an opportunity to learn that you would have preferred a different seating during your last visit.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and be assured that I have taken on board your service comments and preferences and have reviewed each point with my team, looking to find any experience improvements wherever possible.

I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Fratelli in person in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me and I will personally make sure you have a most enjoyable experience. I can always be reached by directly calling to the Hotel or emailing me at gbriota@galgorm.com, and hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,