“Sunday Lunch”

Kingarroch Inn
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Cupar
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ...
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

JUST BOOK A TABLE!!
I have been 4 times to this restaurant. 3 times for meals and everyone has been amazing, Once for afternoon tea and again amazing.
The staff are very nice and friendly the setting is lovely and the food is out of this world.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I visited the Kingarroch Inn for afternoon tea. The food was fabulous and the gentleman who served me was very courteous and friendly. I have only given 4 stars as I wanted another pot of tea which I was charged £2.50 for. I appreciate the afternoon tea was with an itison voucher, however I have had afternoon tea in various other locations and have never been charged for additional tea. I had already handed over my itison voucher so I cannot confirm if the voucher stated 1 pot of tea only. I would definitely go back but would clarify the tea situation first

kevin j, Owner at Kingarroch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Sheila
Thank you for the review.
Here is the clarification re the additional tea pot charge. Itison voucher costs £15- that's for afternoon tea for 2, itison takes 30 % commission for selling the vouchers (not all itison members are aware of it...)so I am left with £10.5, now minus 20% vat, gives us £8.50 budget for what you received on a plate incl tea and coffee. Friendly staff who served you earns more than minimum wage, then you have a chef who prepared the food and kitchen assistant to wash the dishes- they also need to be paid, running cost incl rent, water, electricity, gas, insurance are around £160 per day, here is why....sad but true

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Food was outstanding, but since it was a Saturday night it was very busy which had a negative impact on the speed of service. Some of our party did not wish to have a starter which meant that they didn't receive any food for nearly 2 hours. Booking is essential and please bear in mind that weekends, especially a Saturday is really busy to plan for a longer stay. Can't fault the politeness of the staff though. (one minor negative was with regards to speciality gins, they advertised a range of special gins, but when we ordered they had completely run out of them all. Maybe take the sign down if none available!)

1  Thank Lorna R
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We visited Kingarroch last Sunday for lunch with four friends. Over the years it has been a regular place for us to visit with friends and this visit was one of the most pleasant. Menu choice was excellent and offered at a fair price. Seat location was fine but a little cold for some of our party. Staff were exceptionally attentive and pleasant. Kingarroch is what it is and we have rarely if ever been disappointed, regardless of the owners. One of our most enjoyable visits helped by the excellent of our company.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here using an Itison Voucher, which does seem how this business has and continues to progress it’s business.
However when you then add supplements as I experienced +£2 for chicken it does make it feel rather penny pinching and reduces the experience of dining here.
Please either stop Itison or increase the Itison voucher price but create a menu without supplements.
On this occasion I paid the extra supplement and had the chicken breast, which was extremely dry and very disappointing compared to the quality I have experienced in the past.
Made use of the lovely beer garden prior to lunch and service although slow was very efficient.

1  Thank ROBERT S