“Breakfast ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The best breakfast ever. Love it .if you're in leven you must try the Caledonian for breakfast. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

cali398, Manager at Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Kenneth H, I have to agree with you, I myself enjoy our breakfast. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Best fish and chips in UK. Very good price and service is very good. Well presented and great value.

cali398, Manager at Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Morning janineodonnell162, you are right, our fish and chips is definitely the best around.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We have family meals at least once a month here .... the meals are always fab and the staff attentive and friendly .... it’s also disabled friendly which is something we always have to look out for .... the meals are priced favourably too .... definitely worth a visit

Morning, UnaWhiting. so glad you choose us for your family gatherings. We like to think our guests can feel at home here.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Went in for lunch with a friend yesterday. Ordered at 1.12pm (on friends lunch break). Wasn’t overly busy. At 1.39 I asked a server if our food would be much longer and she went away to the kitchen and came back with our plates. We had also ordered sides and she said these would be another minute or so. We started to eat and the food was cold. Lukewarm at best. It had clearly been sitting waiting on the sides to be ready. A few minutes later one of the sides arrived, and at this time I complained to the server that our food was cold and that we still didn’t have our full order. She offered to get the manager. A team leader came over with our last side order and asked what the problem was. I explained to her that we had waited a while for our food and it wasn’t even warm. And we got our sides half way through eating which wasn’t really good enough. Her reply was “the food is just out”. No, sorry it isn’t, cos it’s cold. At which point we had to say “look don’t just take our word for it. Check for yourself” at which point she touched a chip. She then offered fresh food. I explained we were on a lunch break and now had all of ten minutes to return to work so we didn’t have time. In the circumstances, 2 plates of cold food, sides that arrived way later than they should have and most of it left untouched the least I would have expected is a refund for the absolute shambles we paid good money for. Instead I got offered her “card” and told to phone in advance next time if we were on a lunch break. I am assure you, there won’t be a next time...

1  Thank Mandy R

Hi Mandy R, I am aware that we have been in touch regarding the above. I hope we have resolved appropriately.

Lauren Turnbull

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Been here numerous times for breakfast on a Sunday morning, was here this morning with hubby, 2 Scottish breakfast’s with tea & toast £9.99 absolute bargain, didn’t have 2 wait very long as it was quite quiet, probably the time of the year as other Sunday mornings it is quite hectic, we WILL be back soon.

cali398, Manager at Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Morning Carol G.

So glad you enjoy our breakfast offer, it can be very popular