All reviews groupon deal fish and chips sea view both nights a bit tired east neuk bedroom window short break railway inn dog friendly hotel evening meal burger staff were very friendly restaurant upstairs kippers fantastic hotel lamb
Reviewed 30 November 2017

my partner and I had a two night break here, The room was realy bad. Broken window old sash ones that were so draughty I had to pack the towels around them, a table top airiel hanging by a nail on the wall, only a small shaving lamp in the shower room that had no heating. I asked for a heater but was told there was none but, after a complaint the second night we were moved to a suite which was nothing like the pictures on the web but was a vast improvment. The staff were very good and helpful, eatery was very good and can be recomended but what I dont understand is this was a gift of a groupon voucher to us and it was for two nights b&b with a £15 dicount on an evening meal so (unless I misunderstood the voucher) we had a £12 fish and chips in the bar once and on our bill we were charged £20 odd for the meals. ??
This is not to say that we did not enjoy ourselves as we did and would return but I would take the web photos with a pinch of salt, dont expect the ritz and enjoy its location and staff who cant do enough for you and avoid room 5. Tried to upload photos but could not drop them in the trip advisor page.??

Room Tip: run away from room 5, must of missed this room in the refurb.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank john c
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Nice food and lovely staff but our room was awful. Freezing cold and very very dated. A cracked window in room , no heating in shower room. We did complain and were given a fan heater. But overall not a comfortable stay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruby M
Reviewed 26 November 2017

...but would not have paid full price and glad it was a groupon deal.

Rooms clean but tired looking, breakfast brilliant, bar prices great but evening food so so.

It met a need but not sure I would stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Booked via
a Groupon deal. Its not 5 star luxury and the hotel is a wee bit tired. However the food is good and the welcome warm. Its a nice friendly place to chill with a drink and past some me time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We were looking for a dog friendly place to spend the weekend, we came across the Crusoe Hotel and gave them a call, the young lady (Jessica )who answered the phone could not have been more helpful if she tried, from our arrival on Friday afternoon until we left on Monday morning every member of staff made us fell welcome and were always polite, helpful and had a smile and a cuddle for our pooch, OK the décor was a bit tired but they never claimed to be the Hilton, the hotel was spotless the food was first class and the Tennents lager was really good, all in all great value for money and we will certainly be back.
BRILLIANT