“Poor Food - Shame really as it was good previously”

Base Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Leven
Price range: US$7 - US$202
Description: Base is a friendly restaurant bar offering a relaxed atmosphere, whether your looking for a coffee, quick lunch, evening meal or drinks. We offer a selection of wines, craft and draught beers along with a great selection of cocktails. An excellent venue if your looking for somewhere to catch up with family and friends. Free wi-fi and charging points are available throughout.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have visited this restaurant on several occasions and always enjoyed the food and I have left positive reviews before.
Unfortunately on this occasion the food was not of the quality we have previously experienced - The Fajitas were disgusting to the point of inedible and the Mini-Doughnuts tasted like they had either been over cooked or had been cooked more than once. We did tell the server but there was no apology, by the time we were on the doughnuts I couldn't be bother to complain again - I'll put it down to experience and maybe find a different restaurant.

Kirsten M, Guest Relations Manager at Base Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Phils01

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that your experience at Base wasn't good. This isn't the standard we expect from our kitchen or front of house staff and I deeply apologise. I hope you agree with your previous visits that we take great pride in making sure our customers experience the very best and this is a very unlikely occurrence that will be looked into. I hope this has not put you off and will return.

Many thanks

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Love Base, regular visitor but like most things it can get a bit samey samey. That’s not a bad thing because you know you can rely on great food and service. Today’s lunch was usual fish and chips (they also do a new fish tea) but the fish batter was the best I’ve ever had here. I simply love it when something familiar gets better. Well done. Keep it up.

Hi John_van_Dieken,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoy your regular visits to Base. We do have a new chef who (I hope you agree) is doing fantastic in making sure the food is the very best it can be. We do have a new menu on the way which should be ready shortly, I hope you come and try it out!

Many thanks

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Just been to Base and service, food etc was fantastic, but please sort the heating out..... sat shivering by the window, by the time we were on the puddings our coats were on.... not good when it’s snowing outside, hard to enjoy the great food when sat shivering, we will be back but not until the summer months

Laura R, Guest Relations Manager at Base Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi Samantha,

It's really unfortunate that you found it so cold in Base, we do occasionally find that the restaurant can be cold especially when the weather is so bitter as it was on Saturday the 17th. We do have the heating on constantly just now but will try our best to make sure the restuarant is warmer.

On a positive note, so glad you enjoyed the food and service. We do hope you decide to visit again soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Not been to Base for quite a while but noticed it came up on my taste card as had recently joined and am delighted that I have a fantastic local restaurant to visit again. We had starters and mains and couldn't manage desert so portion size was more than enough and the quality was exceptional. Would 100% recommend and will be a regular customer from now on

Hi David,

Thats great you enjoyed your visit so much, looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Mnay thanks

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Lovely meal with good service, even though they were clearly rushed with the amount of customers. Nice relaxed place to eat. Well done.

Laura R, Guest Relations Manager at Base Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thanks Helen, gald you enjoyed your meal and found the service to be good. Hope to see you again soon!