“NOT Fine Dining But The Prices Were.”

The Brodick Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Brodick
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We are staying at Auchrannie and ate there for two nights. The Brodick Bar was recommended to us so decided to give it a try on our last night on the Island....sincerely wish we had not bothered and stuck to the Auchrannie. If you like to eat of pine tables crammed in like sardines and pay extortionate prices for the privilege then this place is for you. Two steaks and a bottle of house white.......£73. The food was OK as was the service but for this kind of money one would expect to have at least a menu. NOT in the Brodick you stand in front of a blackboard with other diners as this is where the menu is. The girl sitting at the table next to us had a Pizza, Home Made I might add. That was it a Pizza you could spit through for £9.50 ...nothing else, just this sorry excuse of a Pizza on a plate for that kind of money. A TOTAL RIP OFF. As I said it was recommended to us I DON'T recommend it anybody else.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The overall meal experience was pleasant and the service was good but I was disappointed with my starter because it wasn't as described on the menu. I ordered the souffle, which was described as 'Twice baked cheddar souffle - parmesan cream'. The souffle was delicious but I soon became aware of the hidden bed of onions that the souffle was sat on. I personally hate the flavour of onions and had onion been mentioned in the menu description, I would've steered well clear of it but sadly it wasn't and my starter was ruined as a result. The rest of the meal was good both for me and my fellow diners but the misleading menu description quite literally left an unpleasant taste in my mouth and the 3* review is reflective of this.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We found the menu rather overpriced and quite limited. A small pizza was £11.50 and not particularly nice. There were no chicken dishes on the menu board even though we were there early evening. Not a place we'd hurry back to or feel we could recommend.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We have returned to this place many times for both lunch and dinner, but was disappointed this time. Lunch menu was very limited and instead of my usual fish I chose a burger. Big mistake - meat was very rare on the inside although the outside was hard and darkly cooked. We were bound for the ferry so paid and left quickly as the owner was in a jolly conversation with the group at another table.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We had pizza's and starters - it was good - but overall this is a little pricey for the actual choices - £7 or £8 or a starter. Ambiance is nice although it can be quiet off peak.
Good food - be prepared to pay.