All reviewsbusiness parkcookiesthe grillsteakexecutive roomrose petalseggs benedictfriday nightcooked to perfectionmodern hotelbirthday treatfantastic hotelpublic areasbusiness triphigh standardreception stafffood is excellent
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve just stayed at this hotel the last 4 nights with another 8 booked for the following weeks. As a frequent business traveller this hotel is up there with the best of them.
Check in / Check out was prompt, courteous and informative.
The rooms are lovely and comfortable, satellite tv excellent, cookies in a jar on arrival and bottled water provided. As a frequent stayer in hotels these touches mean a lot. Only disappointment was the cookies were not topped up everyday ( they were so yummy).
House keeping were excellent, the room was spotless everyday.
Parking is ample and free so no hassles there and the location is great, take your pick this way Glasgow or that way Edinburgh.
Restaurant staff were exemplary and the food was cooked perfectly, Eggs Benedict or Royale delicious, i was a little disappointed with the Scottish breakfast, only one egg provided and no Haggis! My experience of Scottish hotels has been Haggis as well as black pudding is served, it’s then sets itself apart from the usual dare I say it English breakfast.
I’ve seen a photo on this site of the Hamburger served in the restaurant, I didn’t get the delicious looking mushrooms as in the photo ( they do look good).
A special mention also to the bar staff, helping me on my quest to discover a favourite Scottish Malt Whisky, don’t worry it’s just one each night and so far I’m adding to the list of favourites rather than paring it down. They are great and willing to share their knowledge.
All in all a very nice stay at this hotel that is a joy to come back to after a days work, even though I’m away from my home this hotel provides homely comforts. My room was 315 and was as quiet as quiet can be.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Craig W, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Xfire111,

Thank you so much for leaving your wonderful feedback on our hotel. It is always great to learn when our guests enjoy their stay and appreciate the small things that we do to make your stay home away from home. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments onto our team, as I know they will really appreciate them.

You certainly gave in depth comments and we welcome all feedback, as it allows us to enhance the Dakota experience for our guests. Rest assured, I shall certainly pass on your feedback in regards to you Haggis suggestion. In relation to the picture, you saw of the burger, the guest has ordered the mushrooms and onion rings as a side order and have taken the picture with the sides on the plate.

It has been wonderful having you and it is even nicer to learn that Dakota will be home for you in the upcoming weeks. If there is anything I can do for you then please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will do what I can to make your time with us more comfortable.

Craig Wallace,
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

When you arrive they force you to pay plus a £50 charge. If you query it the staff are rude. You will then also get charged when you check out but minus the £50 and have to fight to get the money back. They knew we didn’t want to eat in the hotel because they asked if we wanted a reservation and there was no mini bar in the room to use that could account for the extra charge. Stayed in better hotels with less stars. Breakfast was limited and average too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PartTimer33
Craig W, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear PartTimer33,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave your subjective feedback, on your recent stay. It is disappointing to learn that your stay has been marred over the pre-authorisation process at check-in; a common practise carried out in hotels worldwide.

The £50 authorisation is merely a holding on your credit card, to cover any incidentals for your stay and was not taken from your account. Furthermore, this is the reason your final bill would not have had the £50 deducted upon check-out, as this would have been cancelled off and released back into your account. The terms and conditions regarding pre-authorisation are all fully stated and explained within your booking confirmation and as part of the registration form, that you would have signed for during check-in. Please accept our apologies if you felt our Reception team were rude to you when being questioned regarding this process, as this was never our intention. Rest assured, I have certainly passed your feedback onto our Reception Manager to address with her team,

We do hope you have not been deterred from returning to Dakota in the future and if I can be of any assistance or if you wish to discuss your stay then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Craig Wallace,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Having had fantastic experiences at both Glasgow Deluxe and Edinbrugh I would make the asumstion that Eurocentral would be of the same standards as the others . I was wrong.
When arriving through the doors at the bar and grill I was blanked by staff then have to get the staffs attention to place an order. Then when ordering a drink the server never wrote anything down which was concerning.

After placing the order which was a Café Latte and pint of soda water I then had to wait around 20 minutes for them to arrive something that I usually order at the other Hotels takes 10 minutes at most. Furthermore there was no atmosphere in the bar area it's was dark cold and had no life in it.

This was a slightly disappointing experience from the usual amazing service o have experienced from the other in which I then had to make my way to the bar in order to pay my bill and then when I requested a duplicate copy with the VAT receipt i as told bluntly the VAT number was was at the bottom o the receipt. Not happy or impressed by the tone given.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Wulverstorr
Craig W, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Wulverstorr,

We want to thank you for taking the time to leave your subjective feedback on your recent experience in our bar. It is disappointing to learn of your service and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We welcome all feedback, as it allows us to identify any shortfalls and in turn provide training to enhance our Dakota experience for our guests.

At Dakota, our guests are at the forefront of everything we do, and we strive to ensure that they leave having had a memorable experience and for the right reasons. Being a fan of the Dakota brand, you will know of our high training standards and we hope you can appreciate that your experience is not a true reflection of our normal service. Rest assured, our Bar Manager is aware of your comments and I am confident that they will be addressed with further training being provided to our team.

We do hope you have not been deterred from returning with us in the future and if I can be any assistance to you then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Craig Wallace
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel overnight on a variety of occasions and it has always been fantastic. The food is phenomenal and each time I go I tend to get whatever the special is that evening and it has always been outstanding. My husband usually sticks to steak and has never complained. The rooms are comfortable and different options available. If you are not staying and even just want to nip in for a cocktail (or two) or even just a soft drink the luxurious setting it’s perfect for relaxing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

As a hotel we can’t say enough about it. The location is great. Just 10 minutes outside Glasgow which is no problem to get to as its right at the mouth of a motorway on and off ramp. One way goes to Glasgow (10-15 mins). The other way heads to Edinburgh (45 mins).
The decor is great. Keeping in theme with the ambience iof the Glasgow Dakota. Dark, moody, lots of velvet and comfy soft furnishings. The main foyer has a lovely big living flame fire just to create that homely cosy feel.

We have stayed in several room type from double to suites in the Dakota chain and all rooms are great. Keeping in line with the same theme throughout each hotel.

Again, the food is great. We didn’t get to spend this time in the restaurant like we did last time we visited, but had room service and couldn’t fault it. If you get a chance though, you should really try and eat in the restaurant when you visit as the food is great quality and a great comfortable laid back setting. Not to mention how attentive the staff are.

The room we stayed in this occasion was just a standard double room but is ample in size and has all you need. Work station, kettle, iron, bathroom toiletries. Everything is there. I should point out though that this room doesn’t have a fridge which we like to have to cool our drinks for when we have a tipple later in room. Though a quick call to reception and they will gladly drop you off a bucket of ice and some glasses.

One other thing they don’t do is place a breakfast card in your room for breakfast in bed the next morning. I feel this is a bit of a let down. Specifically for a hotel of this standard. Last time we stayed we tried to order breakfast over the phone and were told the staff were too busy. However this time we tried again and got our breakfast in bed. So happy days!!. Might just depend how busy they are.

As you can see we love the hotel. One thing letting it down is the reception staff. Or I should say one in particular.
Her name is Hayley. As I’ve mentioned all staff we have encountered at both Glasgow and Eurocentral have been great. Glasgow always go just that little bit further and will do anything for you.

We had problems the last time we tried to check in with Hayley but I’ll mention this one. We were a bit rushed and had turned up at 4pm ish with a view to quick check in and into our room for a quick shower and change, down to restaurant for dinner then we were off out to a 50th birthday party which was local. Upon arriving at reception I noticed in the rush I’d left my credit cards at home. We got to the desk and was greeted by Hayley. Not even a smile. Just a question. “Are you checking in”? I told her we were but I’d realised I’d left my credit card at home. But I’d pay for my hotel room in cash. Same with the deposit. I asked if this would have been a problem. She just said she couldn’t check us in as she needed a credit card. I told her we were in a rush and that we had stayed here times before. Even offering here a larger deposit. I mentioned £300. Or even to pay via Apple Pay. Maybe even our driving license. All was met with an indifferent Hayley. We fully understand hotel policies. But it was the way she looked smug and indifferent and unhelpful. At one point whilst I was discussing with her having to cancel my reservation for the restaurant as I’d now have to drive back to Glasgow for my credit card, she turned to catch the eye of someone passing by and asked if they were still rough from the night before. I thought, how rude. Knowing there was no way I’d get any help or empathy from Hayley I asked the question. “What would happen if a couple travelling from say London came all the way up to the hotel after a 7 hour drive with two toddlers needing rest and realised they had left their card at home. But had paid all the hotel in advance?? The answer was yeah we would turn them away. I can’t believe this. I commented to the other receptionist that Dakota had actually taken the word “Hospitality”. Out of the industry if that was the way they were going to treat their customers. Shocking!!!

Anyway we eventually got booked in. Other reception girl was amazing. So happy and cheerful and quite apologetic. Can’t fault her. She was a pleasure and a credit to Dakota. Again, like before food was great. (Room service).

We will be back but next time I’d rather be booked in with someone else. As I say, this is our second run in with Hayley. A shame.

Stayed: April 2018
Craig W, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Eurocentral, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Bry_do1206,

Thank you for leaving your in-depth, subjective feedback on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you are a fan of Dakota and that you choose to return to our hotel and our sister properties. We receive such great feedback on our Grill and obviously, you can understand why, with our food being so good.

In relation to your comments regarding our team member, I have responded to your private e-mail, which you provided before publishing your Trip Advisor review.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, for another enjoyable stay with us.

Craig Wallace