“Lovat Brasserie offers fine dining”

The Lovat Brasserie
Price range: US$19 - US$52
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 40 Seater Brasserie with modern surroundings is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner, 7 days a week - offering local produce, presented with care, creativity & flair.
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The Lovat created cherry cocktail was well presented & set the theme for well prepared delivery. The white & red wines chosen were lovely. Four of us enjoyed three course dinner at the Brasserie Lovat Hotel. Mixed starters of duck, salmon & fish delighted us all. (£8.00ish) Three of us chose Ox cheek for mains, & the meat was beautifully cooked & delightful. Another of our group said the hake was luscious. (Mains were under £20) Deserts of lemon parfait, cheese board & sticky toffee pudding ended the meal (£7.00) Staff were attentive, the only niggle was the tap water was not cold- & 3 attempts made to get ice to chill) That aside (a training issue) the meal was superb & recommended

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

From the outside (going in at the Brasserie entrance at least), it didn't fill me with confidence that we were going to get the dining experience I was hoping for...oh how wrong I was.

Once inside we were met with a classy, clean, tasteful, well decorated interior and bar. The staff were all very good, attentive and happy to accommodate, chat and recommend. They had pre-prepared a menu to accommodate some significant dietary requirements and provided some yummy options.

The gin menu is extensive and I mean seriously extensive!

The food itself felt home cooked, it looked great on the plate and most importantly was super flavoursome. Another review mentions the bread and dip which I agree was memorable. Ironically, the star of the show for me was the scotch broth (I'd never normally have soup in a restaurant but felt like I should give it a go in Scotland) which was packed with that meaty, veg, pulse flavour that a truly brilliant scotch broth should have.

Overall, the dining experience was excellent and my advice...don't judge a book by its cover.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Just perfect. Dinner for 4 after the first day of Great Glen Way. Attentive staff, great menu, quick, clean. Great whisky menu.

We had the ox cheek, risotto, salmon and pork. Great stuff.

What else can you ask for?

Reviewed 26 April 2017

What a treat to have a meal so beautifully prepared with wonderful produce - and fantastic and unobtrusive service. The free appetizer of bread with wild garlic pesto was memorable - the homemade bread was a great accompaniment. One of us had the venison burger with Stilton and bacon, and I had the stuffed pigs trotter. The thrice cooked chips - yummy. The trotter was unusual and very flavoursome with nice veg. Portions bang on. Not the cheapest meal but worth evey penny. Had a very nice glass of Merlot with the meal - perhaps a little in the expensive side.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

This was one of the best meals we had throughout our 10 day tour of Scotland. The food and service was excellent and they had really good kid menus too.