“Unfriendly service”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I came here myself in a weekday lunch along with other tourists. The service here is definitely unwelcoming. No smile and I felt like I was troubling the waitress by asking her to take my order. Although the food came out quite fast and I enjoyed the Haggis starter, I wouldn't come back here again.

2  Thank Fiona N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Seems to prefer locals to visitors, shame it's a tourist town! Bar is well stocked but barmaid couldn't be less welcoming and the sign saying 'Smile, it confuses people' stands out as some ironic joke!

4  Thank thecockboy
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Good choice ...Nice meal,... Made very welcome good value for money. Lovely log fire we will be back.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Great food and cosy bar it could have had more real ales but that is me being very fussy my wife is fussy and she thought the steak pie was very good

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch. No smile or anything really friendly from the waitress. I also heard the waitress saying “we’re closed. Closed” with such a stern face to other patrons who came in. Maybe return business isn’t an issue in such a touristy place. My “Smokey” chicken was a bit dry, served with flavourless unseasoned vegetables & chips from a packet, I only ate about half of this and only because I was hungry. I wish I had gone for the lentil soup. My husbands haggis was good though & he enjoyed that.
The menu was extensive though & plenty to choose from, including plenty of desserts.

3  Thank jannesco