US$123
US$114
US$252
US$244
  • Free Internet
All reviewsoutdoor activitiesthe main hotelexpensive hotelmountain bikingmotel stylemusselsfamily roomhighland cowsspectacular scenerythe pubaverage foodgreat foodwhiskey barfabulous locationcomfortable roomfine diningstayed longer
Reviewed 11 March 2018

This place is absolutely beautiful, both in terms of the location and the lodgings itself. We traveled up from Edinburgh in the middle of the Beast from the East, so this was a very welcome getaway indeed.

We received great service from the offset, with the Inn manager letting us check in early. Our room at the Inn was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Bonus points for the complimentary caramel wafers which were also refilled after we scoffed the first lot!

The activities were also great fun and we would recommend them, particularly the clay pigeon shooting. We also rented bikes.

A couple of points to note about the food at the Inn. Firstly, we really liked the look and feel of the Inn bar and the staff were really nice. The food was all very good but there were a number of fairly careless errors (and I use that term cautiously). Clava brie fritters had no brie in them and were just batter; wrong sauce with the steak (which was also slightly overcooked, although we felt too bad to mention that after the fritters and sauce), and no egg on the sausage and egg burger muffin the following morning. I hate pointing things out because I feel bad for the staff, but these were pretty basic mistakes and did impact the quality of the meal. Unfortunately no replacements fritters were offered and they were charged for, but the correct sauce came for the steak and an egg was given for the breakfast, so not all bad.

Given this was at the start of the season, we assumed that there was either a new chef or a new menu, with the chef getting to grips with it. It was a shame though, because we would have left a 5/5 review were it not for the food errors.

All in all we had a brilliant stay and although I would like to see more attention to detail in the Inn kitchen, we would definitely return.

Thank you!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room at the Inn
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ross A, General Manager at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed review of the Torridon Inn. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you manage to get here after the snow fall in the Centeral belt. Please except my apologies about some of the errors with the food I am glad that the staff rectified for you and you should have mentioned about the steak so that also could have been rectified.

I am pleased that’s you did enjoyed the Clay Pigeon shooting with Charlie.

We hope to welcome you back to Torridon in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We had a posh attic room, it was really lovely. The bar was very small and quiet with not much atmosphere, even though it looked nice. There was live music one night, but it was a solo signer/guitarist in a very small place, which although he was good, meant we couldn't chat etc, so we left him too it. We ate in the restaurant rather than the bar, and the food and service were very good, but again, not much of an atmosphere.

Location was great - some fabulous walking, although extremely wet and muddy, like up to your ankles in bog for hours muddy! Some lovely sea and little harbour places to visit too, even saw a seal.

Good breakfast. Packed lunches available.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am not sure when you stayed as we have not had any live music this year to date. We do try and please all our guests and to give added value to there visit hence why we have live music to create atmosphere. I am glad you enjoyed the food and the service. I am afraid the muddy conditions our out of our control as Torridon gets its fair share of rain!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

You’d be forgiven for passing this wee road way by, but believe me you’ll be glad you turned up and booked yourself in. The warm welcome that you receive from the staff sets you up for your whole stay. The room is warm and modern, a welcome sight when it’s teeming down with rain on the outside! The king size bed is comfortable with just a slight touch of tartan throughout the room. A huge ensuite with a good shower makes sure your weary bones are taken care of. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate are provided with beautiful Torridon signature mugs.
Then it’s time for food. Just a quick 50 second walk to the Inn and your beside the hot roaring fire and an abundance of real ales, whiskies and gins. The menu has something to suit most tastes and believe me when I say that the portions are generous! I’d definitely suggest the 3 nibbles for £8 to share between 2, as the starters are a main meal in themselves - unless you’re like my husband who can eat for Scotland . The new head chef is trying out lots of new dishes, so prepare to be surprised. They also care deeply about the environment, and have biodegradable napkins.
Breakfast is fit for a king and if you fill up on this, you certainly won’t need lunch.
All in all, you won’t be disappointed in your stay at the Torridon Inn.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Ross A, General Manager at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give such a great account of your time at the Torridon Inn. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you also had such a positive experience with our new menu, a lot of time has been spent to get the correct balance on the menu. We do indeed care about the environment and the new napkins are just one of the green initiatives we have place through the buiness. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

For anyone on the NC500 this place is a must. The cost of a twin room with breakfast was incredible value at £75. Most of my hotel experiences on the trip have been overpriced and average which is a real shame as the NC 500 should be providing a boost to the whole north of Scotland.

I spend nearly 100 nights away from home every year mainly in hotel chains but The Torridon Inn is undoubtedly a highlight of 2017. The welcome was fantastic, the room spacious and despite being in an old building all the modern essentials were there alongside some neat touches. Dinner was good value, plentiful and tasty.

We had the opportunity to eat breakfast in the main hotel which is 100 metres away and I can see my next trip to the area justifying a stay here. Louise on reception was very friendly and informative. She may not have realised what a great job she did in convincing me that I need to return.

So whether you choose the Torridon Inn or go the whole way for the Torridon Hotel I’m sure neither will disappoint. Scotland just needs more places like this and the hotel/pub combination is a great one.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us Craig. Really appreciate the positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards, Dan

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We have stayed here for several years and absolutely love it. The rooms are lovely and spacious with really comfortable beds and great bathrooms. I love looking out of the windows to see the Highland cows! Breakfasts are excellent and really set you up for the day. Evening meals in the Inn are also excellent ... lovely food and always a good atmosphere. The staff are always really friendly and helpful. The Inn is a fantastic base to explore such a beautiful area. Thank you and we will be back ...

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
DanRB, Owner at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thanks for the review and great feedback. We look forward to having you back to stay. Regards, Dan