All reviews outdoor activities the main hotel expensive hotel mountain biking motel style mussels spectacular scenery family room highland cows average food the pub bunk beds stayed for nights fantastic location venison burger great food whiskey bar
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The main hotel is in an extraordinary location, it is stunning. The main hotel is expensive but it is worth it if you can afford it, the food there (we tried) is amazing! We used a room in the more budget priced Inn; we had a dog and the room was great, clean, fully kitted out and large. Breakfast, dinner and bar facilities are good but often busy.

Room Tip: Room choice depends upon your budget, one is available for most budgets.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ross A, General Manager at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your very positive review on The Torridon. I am delighted that you enjoyed both the Hotel and the Inn.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Arrived in the early afternoon (around 2.30pm) and waited at the check-in desk for a member of staff to see us, and after ringing the bell 3 times and seeing staff in the bar clearly ignore us, finally, an off-duty staff member manned the desk and informed us that check-in is at 4. So we sat in the bar and had some food and drinks whilst we waited. During the hour and a half wait, we noticed one of the inn owners arrived and treated a staff member very rudely, making the other staff uncomfortable. There was one staff member who actually looked liked he enjoyed working there, a French man, who was incredibly attentive and accommodating. After being able to check-in, our room was pretty dismal. The bathroom needed a complete refurb and looked tired and had also been designed terribly, there was a slanting roof that went over the shower, but it didn't leave any room for your head whilst standing in the shower. I'm only 5"10 (177cm) so if you were any taller, this would be almost impossible to shower. I would absolutely not recommend this place to anybody, and the inn should be eternally grateful for the French waiter!

1  Thank Kallumb2018
Ross A, General Manager at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I understand you were traveling with Jodlesshims who also reviewed the Torridon Inn. I am left a little confused as Jodlesshims stated they waited 1 hour for the room but you who were in the same room waited 1 hour and and half. I find it hard to believe that my staff would actively ignore you at Reception. I have replied to Jodlesshims review regarding the shower and the French gent. The Torridon Inn was clearly not the right establishment for you but you booked it online from our very clear website.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were travelling for a week around the Scottish highlands and had read great reviews about the Torridon Inn so were looking forward to our stay. We arrived around 2:30 and hoped we could check inn early as it was raining hard outside but we had to wait for an hour. We waited in the bar and noticed one of the owners come in and speak to the staff in a really bad way, the staff were on edge and it wasnt nice to experience the atmosphere. The French waiter was amazing and very attentive both whist we had drinks and at dinner later in the evening. The room was very very basic and the shower was almost un-usable. The ceiling slanted with the shower above the bath so me being 5ft 11 couldnt stand to have a shower!! When paying £130 a night this is not what you expect. The whole place looked like it needed some TLC. The breakfast was basic and some of what was on the menu was not available with a very basic and small buffet selection - not everyone always wants a cooked breakfast. We would not recommend this to anyone.

2  Thank Jodlesshims

Thank you for taking the time to review the Torridon Inn. Check in time at the Inn as stated in your confirmation letter in 16:00 I am afraid not even when it is raining does this effect this the Hosuskeepers still have the same amount of rooms to service, we will always do our best to accommodate guest who arrive early. I am afraid I disagree about the rooms being basic we are very proud of the Inn and what it has to offer our guests and if you read other reviews on this platform you would acknowledge this we get graded every year by Visit Scotland. I would agree in that particular room the shower over the bath is low but we do try and give our guests the option of a shower and a bath. I have spoken the the French gent about your claim was spoken to badly and he’s does not recall this incident but I am glad you enjoyed the service he gave you. You did book this room online and our website is very clear what the Torridon Inn offers.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

First visit to this beautiful part of the world. And already itching to get back. We had every season in one day and loved every minute. Inn was awesome. Beautiful rooms and the warmest welcome! Inn served delicious food. Gastro pub style. We had drinks at the hotel too, which is a must. The loveliest laid back vibe. Really special place. And a special mention to all the staff. Excellent folk! Clearly a great place to work. Thank you guys!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Ross A, General Manager at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you had such a good experience during your stay at The Torridon.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This place is absolutely beautiful, both in terms of the location and the lodgings itself. We traveled up from Edinburgh in the middle of the Beast from the East, so this was a very welcome getaway indeed.

We received great service from the offset, with the Inn manager letting us check in early. Our room at the Inn was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Bonus points for the complimentary caramel wafers which were also refilled after we scoffed the first lot!

The activities were also great fun and we would recommend them, particularly the clay pigeon shooting. We also rented bikes.

A couple of points to note about the food at the Inn. Firstly, we really liked the look and feel of the Inn bar and the staff were really nice. The food was all very good but there were a number of fairly careless errors (and I use that term cautiously). Clava brie fritters had no brie in them and were just batter; wrong sauce with the steak (which was also slightly overcooked, although we felt too bad to mention that after the fritters and sauce), and no egg on the sausage and egg burger muffin the following morning. I hate pointing things out because I feel bad for the staff, but these were pretty basic mistakes and did impact the quality of the meal. Unfortunately no replacements fritters were offered and they were charged for, but the correct sauce came for the steak and an egg was given for the breakfast, so not all bad.

Given this was at the start of the season, we assumed that there was either a new chef or a new menu, with the chef getting to grips with it. It was a shame though, because we would have left a 5/5 review were it not for the food errors.

All in all we had a brilliant stay and although I would like to see more attention to detail in the Inn kitchen, we would definitely return.

Thank you!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room at the Inn
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ross A, General Manager at The Torridon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed review of the Torridon Inn. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you manage to get here after the snow fall in the Centeral belt. Please except my apologies about some of the errors with the food I am glad that the staff rectified for you and you should have mentioned about the steak so that also could have been rectified.

I am pleased that’s you did enjoyed the Clay Pigeon shooting with Charlie.

We hope to welcome you back to Torridon in the future.