“Delicious one of a kind food”

The Restaurant at RT Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at RT Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 160 Restaurants in Maryville
Price range: US$18 - US$38
Reviewed 9 July 2018

They cook with seasonal and local ingredients. Such colorful, delicious meals that are truly one of a kind!

RTLodge, Manager at The Restaurant at RT Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you, Megan! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We were here for a wedding so preset menus. We had 1 dinners and 2 breakfasts and both were wonderful. The chefs here do an outstanding job.

RTLodge, Manager at The Restaurant at RT Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

We really appreciate your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed all of your meals! Come back and dine with us for dinner!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I feel like I went to a different restaurant then everyone else here that has reviewed it. I paid over $100, that was including tip and tax which was included and didn’t feel I got my moneys worth at all. My scallop appetizer had five of the smallest scallops I’ve ever seen in my life. We got store-bought rolls. The desert came with homemade ice cream which was sour. Mentioned this to the waiter. he took it away & never even offered me something in its place. The view was awesome. But I would never go back

1  Thank Lynn S
RTLodge, Manager at The Restaurant at RT Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dinner with us. We always strive to be the best at what we do and want to learn from our mistakes. I assure you we will work to improve.

I also want to comment on a few details you mentioned -

The evening you dined with us was part of our Valentine’s Day Pre Fix Menu. Most nights in the restaurant we feature an ala carte menu.
The Scallops you ordered were listed as bay scallops and not sea scallops. Sea Scallops tend to be three times the size of a typical bay scallop.
All our breads are baked in house by our baker, Laurie.
The dessert you selected was accompanied by a matcha stracciatella, an Italian version of ice cream, the green tea flavoring is not typical for ice cream, and we apologize that you didn’t care for it. Certainly when you told your waiter that you did not care for the dessert, we should of offered you something else. I certainly apologize.

Please contact me personally if I can assist you further in any way. I would be happy to do so. My email address is mhawkins@rtlodge.com

Reviewed 8 February 2018

The RT Lodge restaurant has a unique setting that is tucked back in the woods of Maryville College that is natural, historical and authentic to the period it was built around the turn of the century. We love the farm to table concept that they strive for and the wonderfully creative dishes that no other restautant that I have been to comes close. The prices are in line with the quality of the food. Start with the charcuterie board for some special treats and go forward from there depending on your mood. My favorite is the wine-braised short ribs but I like them all. This is for sure a destination restaurant worth the drive, give it a try, you deserve it!

1  Thank Letsgettherenow

We appreciate your feedback. The Charcuterie board is definitely a favorite! We are so glad you enjoyed your dinner with us. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

This is a charming place in a beautiful wooded setting right in the heart of Maryville next to the college. I was there in the old days when it was the Morningside Inn, and the good folks of Ruby Tuesday's have restored the original structure as well as added wings to it. Many old photos are on display downstairs of how it looked when Mrs. Walker lived there originally. On to the food - the menu is limited, but every dish is specialized and something you will not see anywhere else. We had olive bread, which was quite unusual. For entrees, we had the spare rib and trout, both of which were excellent. If you are looking for an unusual and scrumptious side dish, try the cauliflower "salad," which is really not a salad at all, but roast cauliflower with pine nuts in some sort of delicious sauce I could not identify. Anders is the consummate professional as a waiter. I cannot wait to return!

1  Thank heyjudithz

Thank you so much for the detailed review. We try to make every visit with us as special as can be! Come back and dine with us soon, we would love to have you again!