“Great restuarant”

Cuisines: Scottish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great venue for family get together, lovely food and lovely staff. Regular customer my favourite place to eat

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I was on a weekend trip from Sheffield and visited the jam jar with my family was very impressed with the service and hospitality we were given from the staff. The food was superb and i will definately visit again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Recently dined in the Jam Jar and was absolutely delighted with the attention to detail. We were celebrating out engagement and Aishleen the Manager made a great fuss of us and made us feel truly welcome. The meal was excellent, I had the burger (amazing) and my fiancé had the fish (cooked to perfection). It was a cold evening and the wood burners were a treat, made the restaurant very cosy. All the staff were very attentive and friendly. Can't wait to go back.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I can't recommend this little slice of heaven highly enough. Each time I visit I try something different from the menu and I'm never disappointed. Children's portions are lovely as well.

The ambience of the restaurant is perfect and the staff are so friendly and attentive. On each visit it's like they are welcoming a friend.

Always look forward to my visits here.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Thought as it was mid week and almost Easter Holiday we would pop round to the Jam Jar for a meal. It was busy ! Always a good sign, we were promptly shown to our table at 5:30 great no wait we hadn't booked so lucky ! Ordered drinks. By 6 we had ordered our meals no starters just mains. 6:30 my 11 year old was getting a little frustrated as she was hungry and we had been waiting 30min plus !!! Meal eventually turned up, well presented and looked appetizing. So we got stuck in. My daughter (11yrs) mentioned her Chicken goujon was a little hard to cut . A little usual I thought for chicken so when she started on the second I offered to cut it up. To my absolute horror and bear in mind I'm a vegetarian. The chicken was absolutely raw raw raw well covered by the breadcrumbs but my god it was raw. I almost threw up in total disbelief at was was in front of me. I immediately got the attention of the manager who was in total disbelief at what I was showing her. She couldn't have been more apologetic. She swiftly removed my daughter's plate and mine as I couldn't even look at either. She kindly offered my daughter an alternative to which I said I don't think she will want anything. So I suggested ice cream to which she smiled and said yes please. On returning the manager apologised more and offered the meal for nothing along with some complementary vouchers. My daughter finished her ice cream and we left with vouchers to the value of £35. Don't think I will ever be using them.

1  Thank 45charlie