“Pleased all the family”

Ranked #16 of 27 Restaurants in Tobermory
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chefs here in Spice of Mull always strive to deliver authentic dishes from Bangladeshi, Indian, Thai and Chinese cuisines. With years of experience and commitment to customer service, we hope to impress and satisfy all our customers be they locals our tourists visiting our wonderful Isle of Mull.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had picked up a menu for this restaurant and as our family of 6 adults has varying tastes in eastern cuisine we decided to pay a visit and we were not disappointed. We were greeted by a pleasant waiter who took our drinks order.. The menu is extensive and after allowing us a reasonable amount of time the waiter came for our order. In due course our meals arrived and were served piping hot. Unfortunately we had incorrectly estimated the size of the portions and discovered that we had ordered too much rice and to many naan bread. The food was delicious but despite our best efforts we had to leave a sizeable amount uneaten due to the size of the portions. We were all impressed with our meals and with the excellent service from the waiter, all in all it was a very pleasant experience. Great value for money.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We fancied a change on our tour from the fabulous local fair so we opted for this restaurant which offers a whole selection of Chinese, Thai, and a Indian food. My wife had Chinese and I had Indian. Not quite sure how they manage to cover well such a wide range, and maybe they don't specialise in one or the other. I think it shows and whilst my Indian food was good, my wife's Chinese main was average. Good choice of menu, the outside is a little garish and surprised the town planners allow the flashing neon lights. Overall not a bad choice for a change

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I suspect that this restaurant has cornered the market on Mull for Indian cuisine. We enjoyed the food we had (all from the Indian part of the menu). It is more expensive than I would have expected to pay on the mainland for a similar meal, but it was worth it for a good curry fix.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Tried to get into a couple of seafood restaurants in the town but they were fully booked so we decided to settle for this one, I can say that we were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was excellent and the price very reasonable.

I would highly recommend giving this restaurant a try and wouldn't hesitate to visit it again if I was on the island.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were on a short break to the Isle of Mull. My husband is a great curry lover and was over the moon to find that Mull had itsown Indian restaurant.
We pop in for a take away on a couple of occasions, trying different dishes on each occasion.
The taste of the food was fantastic the only down side was the portions sizes. They were on the small side. We ordered 2 chicken pakoras one night, thinking that this would be more than enough for the 2 of us. We were disappointed to discover that each portion was only 4 to 5 pieces of chicken with a small bag of salad. Thinking this was because pakoras are usually eaten as a starter we tried a couple of other things from the main on other nights. Again the portions were on the small side. I am find with this but my husband being over 6 feet tall found himself looking for more.