“Not worth it - get a microwave meal instead!”
Review of Coriander

Coriander
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Lochgilphead
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Called in this 'Chindian' and ordered a chicken curry with chips - not much that can go wrong with that, I thought! Well, I was very wrong!

The bloke who served me took a good few minutes to present himself from the rear of the restaurant when it was obvious I had entered the premises (the place was dead)... he was very very unfriendly and I almost walked out there and then - wish I had done given the substandard quality of food I subsequently received.

The chicken tasted like those horrible cheap chicken nuggets, the 'curry' was runny, dark and tasted weird.

It's definitely the weirdest Chinese Curry I've ever had. Grab yourself a supermarket microwave curry instead - save yourself the disappointment and extortionate money!!

2  Thank Chris11111111

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This is a place to avoid food just not good and my company all were disappointed with
The the service and the food and the price as if it was a up market restaurant.

1  Thank andydunuure
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I ate here twice this week, which was probably once too often! Eating options in Lochgilphead in Feb are limited, I was up on a work trip and just wanted something warm and comforting after a long drive in the rain. The restaurant unusually offers both Indian and Chinese menus. The first night I went for the Indian, and really enjoyed prawn puri to start and chicken dansac afterwards. Both were very tasty, and crucially for me, not too spicy. The little prawns (shrimps really) were sweet and juicy although no doubt frozen. The chicken was beautifully tender. I was alone in the restaurant and enjoyed a chat with owner. I should have left it at that, but was carried away and returned the next night to try the Chinese menu. Why would I think that an Asian chef could cook Chinese food any better than I can? Suffice to say it was a forgettable meal and I would advise other diners to stick to he Indian menu! To add insult to injury, the couple at the next table were served the most amazing tandoori sizzling plates, which made my sad sweet and sour chicken look even more peely wally.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Better food than last year food seems more edible , freshly cooked downside the fried rice always looks and tastes like boiled rice

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I get food from here once a week. We usually opt for Chinese and the portions are big! Never had a bad Chinese meal. On the odd occasion I opt for an Indian, it is usually faultless. Unfortunately, the past twice I have had curry, it has been extremely bland which is disappointing. I will be back though and I'm sure if I tell the owner my issue, he will make sure I don't get a bland curry again.