“Great location and dinner”
Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Arrochar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Ask for room 3 - it is spacious, with beautiful bathroom and loch side views.
Food at the pub was outstanding. You can have a little stroll by the loch after dinner. Breakfast was ok. But I do believe that some rooms need new beds (some where really narrow or uncomfortable).

Room Tip: Ask for room 3.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and were able to go for a lovely walk by the loch.
We have recently purchased new beds for all the rooms.
I hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We booked this expecting decent pub grub. What a pleasant surprise, this was way better than average, the food was excellent. Every dish our party had was excellent. The menu was superb, huge choice. We absolutely loved our dinner was best I have had in a while. The chicken pie was particularly awesome. If you are in this area do not miss this treat.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your amazing review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and it exceeded your expectations.
We strive to provide the best food and service possible so thanks again for your lovely comments.
I hope you will return the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this place purely for the barmans banter - and the young lady staff who directed me to the gents. Glad the staff has a sense of humour 10/10

Next time we head this area. Definitely booking a room

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review.
I'm glad you enjoyed our cosy bar and I will certainly pass your great comments on to the team.
I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

On our way back to Derbyshire after visiting the Isle of Skye, we stayed at the Arrochar Hotel along the road but were dubious about eating there so headed along the loch to the Village Inn. Right choice!
There was a good choice of ales and we spent several hours (involving several drinks) in the bar chatting to a friendly guest (hello Mike!) and a member of staff - the gorgeous Edith. It felt like a home-from-home.
The restaurant was almost fully booked, and apparently is every night due to its popularity. Service was a little slow due to the numbers present but it was worth the wait. My en papillote dish containing bream, mullet and whiting was perfect and my wife demolished her fish and chips.
If we're ever in the area again we will not only eat at the Village Inn, but will stay there too. We honestly couldn't fault the place.
P.S. Special mention for Andy's trousers - loved those bad boys!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for you fantastic review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and cosy atmosphere of our bar.
I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to Edith,she will be delighted that you mentioned her.
Hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Lovely setting on the bank of Loch Long with outdoor seating but beware of the midges they are rife!!! We had a room on 1st floor facing the loch. It was a hot night and the window had limited opening so I am very glad I had packed a portable electric fan. No window in the ensuite. Nice touch in room was a Tunnoch caramel bar and snowball on tea tray :) We ate in the restaurant and it was very busy and manic as they were short staffed so the service was slow. I went and got our drinks myself from the bar. I had haggis, neeps & tatties and the portions were small. Tasty pub grub. On our way up to bed at 10pm we saw them setting out the breakfast bar!!! Cereals were covered with cling film but a large bowl of fresh fruit was not! We had a very nice cooked Scottish breakfast the next morning. No service on mobile phone :(

Room Tip: Ask for loch view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit.
I am glad you enjoyed some aspects of your stay and I will certainly look into the other issues you have raised.
I hope you will return when next in the area.
Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
0.8 km away
22.0 km away
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
12.4 km away
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to The Village Inn? Share your experiences!