Loch Long Hotel(Arrochar)
An Corr(Arrochar)
Braemor B&B(Arrochar)
No availability for your dates from these sites
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewscullen skinkate herethe publovely mealreal aleopen firelovely locationbooked a tablemusselsstayed here for one nightloch lomondsteak pieoverlooking loch longevening mealcobblergreat atmospherehaggis
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely inn in a beautiful location. There is so much that is good about it, including the ales, the breakfast, the views and the general ambience and friendliness of the staff. However, our experience of dinner was so bad, it was comical. We were given a table outside the main dining area, and we gave our drink order. Following this, we were asked three separate times for our food order. As soon as we saw this wasn't written down, we guessed it wouldn't be correct. The wine didn't arrive and we had to ask again. Then the main food order wasn't just slightly wrong, but a meat dish arrived for my vegetarian partner, who had ordered salmon. My meal went cold waiting for salmon to arrive, which then came with a white wine sauce rather than the tomato and basil on the specials board. It was also served with potatoes that we had twice asked not to be added. I really don't enjoy continually calling busy waiting staff over, but we would have had one meal and no drinks between us if we hadn't. Although the mistakes were recognised and addressed by an excellent member of staff, it was so easily avoidable and the damage was already done.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit.
I can only apologise that there were errors in taking your order and these issues will most certainly be addressed at our next staff training session.
I do hope you will consider visiting again in the future as this level of service is not the norm at the Village Inn.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Did one of our long Saturday drives with a view obviously of having lunch somewhere and this day had it in my mind to end up at The Village Inn in Arrochar. This is a very popular place on a warm summers day with plenty of outside tables in the sloping garden and views of Loch Long. This day however the sun failed to maintain a reasonable temp for outside dining so we went inside which was ok.
The inn has a good selection of beers/ales which makes a change from the tied houses of Belhaven.
I opted for the Beef pie in a rich red wine sauce and her indoors had the Smoked Salmon and Prawns salad. Now her salad was very tasty as was some of my meal. I chose fries which were good and the selection of veg was unusually good. The pie however had a very crusty top and the filling was extremely dry with no gravy. I would say that it had been totally over cooked and dried out. Soo...disappointing, in fact I would have to add that this was one of the worst beef/steak pies I have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I must apologise that the food was not of our usual high standard and I will certainly investigate why this was the case.
I do hope you will consider visiting us in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed the 1 night with partner recently and what a lovely place. Something for all whether it's sit in bar and watch football, or sit outside taking in the views (weather permitting) or if you like to go a stroll this place is cracking. Really is a country style pub with numerous beers and gins on offer. Large restaurant with extensive menu. We had dinner there they had run out of a few things but as it was a Sunday and very busy that's ok you will find something to suit. Breakfast tho could be handled a bit better. Nice lady taking orders but seemed to get a few orders mixed up and forgetting if she had took order or forgot what was ordered. Pen and paper could help?? When we finally got the full cooked breakfast it was excellent tho. Very nice room we had, very big with large bathroom so no faults there. Nice night away somewhere we haven't been before and yes we would go back, even though fire alarm went off at 1.10am

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I hope you will return in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This place needs to seriously evaluate it's atttitude to customers and service. We were 2 hungry and weary travellers passing through Arrochar on Thursday evening. We saw the welcoming signs to the inn and decided to drop in for supper - silly us. We were told it was full by two rude and officious staff. When I pointed to empty tables I was told that the chef could not cope with the capacity - by now we were beginning to feel like the Americans in the Fawlty Towers sketch. We left and found the excellent Slanj just outside town - just as bust but welcoming and friendly - plus the food was great.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin E
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for reviewing us.
It is always very disappointing to receive a review such as this, especially since you did not dine with us.
We recommend all guests to book in advance especially if they wish to dine at peak times although we do our very best to accommodate guests without a reservation.
We do work on a bookings system so although when you arrived you saw empty tables these were for imminent diners who have previously called or reserved online.
I can only apologise if you felt that this was not relayed to you in the correct manner.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Walked along loch from our hotel and couldn't resist calling in. Great bar with selection of local ales so had to give them a try. Great staff, very friendly and lively atmosphere throughout. Would definately return if in area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely review.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our cosy bar and selection of local ales.
I will certainly pass on your great comments to the team.
Hope to see you again in the future.