There are many things to recommend this hotel. It is in a lovely location overlooking loch long and is ideal for exploring the Argyll lochs and mountains. We stayed 2 nights and had our westie dog with us. We were given a room in the annex at the side of the hotel. This was ideal for us given we had the dog. The room however left much to be desired. It was very dated and rather bleak in appearance. Even more alarming there was mould in the bathroom. The bed itself was comfortable but I just didn't want to spend much time in the room. The main restaurant also looks a little dated and the food is quite basic e.g burger and chips, fish and chips etc. but was cooked well. We found the staff pleasant and were delighted to discover a good range of beers and gins in the bar. It is an ok place to stay but the prices being charged demand a better standard of accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn, Arrochar has 14 en-suite bedrooms all of which provide fresh, comfortable and welcoming double accommodation. They are all tastefully decorated and furnished in a traditional rustic style. Each room has tea and coffee making facilities and luxury toiletries. The 2 superior rooms in the main building offer stunning views over Loch Long and the "Arrochar Alps". We have a traditional Scottish pub on site serving local ales and a restaurant offering freshly prepared food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Hotel Arrochar
- The Village Inn Arrochar, Scotland