All reviews ate here the pub lovely meal real ale open fire lovely location booked a table mussels stayed here for one night loch lomond steak pie cobbler overlooking loch long evening meal great value for money great atmosphere haggis
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place with great choice off menu ,service and staff very friendly and great food. With the added attraction dog friendly so all in all great day would definitely recommend to anyone travelling to Arrochar.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda C
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food and friendly service and also that we were able to cater for your little dog too.
I hope you will return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The village inn is a lovely place to stay. My husband and I have been a few times. The rooms are gorgeous the staff and the food is lovely. Love it here it is friendly warm and has beautiful surroundings. I would 100% recommend the Village inn.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya C

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Visited for a Saturday evening meal; everything was OK--nothing special. Food, service and ambiance very average. Nothing to complain about but by the same token nothing to rave about either. Had the "super" salad with smoked salmon--greens very crisp but only 4 or 5 small pieces of thinly sliced smoked salmon. Tasted fine but given the name I expected more salmon.

Stayed: September 2017
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit.
I must apologise that you found the food and service mediocre as this is certainly not the norm at The Village Inn.
I can only apologise that the salmon superfood salad did not meet your expectations
I do hope you will consider visiting again some time in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Great food, great service, great surroundings and scenery. Perfect visit. Would 100% recommend and we will be back soon. It was my first time in arrochar and we are already planning our next visit. We can't wait to return

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
VillageInn A, Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you so much for your fantastic review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

There are many things to recommend this hotel. It is in a lovely location overlooking loch long and is ideal for exploring the Argyll lochs and mountains. We stayed 2 nights and had our westie dog with us. We were given a room in the annex at the side of the hotel. This was ideal for us given we had the dog. The room however left much to be desired. It was very dated and rather bleak in appearance. Even more alarming there was mould in the bathroom. The bed itself was comfortable but I just didn't want to spend much time in the room. The main restaurant also looks a little dated and the food is quite basic e.g burger and chips, fish and chips etc. but was cooked well. We found the staff pleasant and were delighted to discover a good range of beers and gins in the bar. It is an ok place to stay but the prices being charged demand a better standard of accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for one without mold
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Biggerthanderek

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay however I must apologise that you found some issues with the accommodation.
We are currently looking to update several of our rooms and take all of your comments on board.
I do hope you will consider visiting us again in the future.