“Lunch on way home from Oban”
Review of Artisan Cafe

Artisan Cafe
Description: Small, friendly cafe in converted Church building. We offer fresh artisan roasted coffee from a local roaster, speciality teas and home baked cakes and light lunches including soups and panini's.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stopped here for lunch with my wife on our trip from Oban to Ayr.

We were looking through TripAdvisor for good local places to eat while driving and this came up so we stopped in.

The cafe is an old converted church, it’s a bit of a weird set up that there are items of clothes and merchandise for sale around the tables so while we were sitting at our table there were people standing over us looking at items.

I ordered a cheese and ham toastie and wasn’t asked whether I wanted white or brown bread. The toastie came and it was brown wholemeal bread with seeds, I hate brown bread with seeds and I didn’t want this but my wife’s food was already on the table so I had to just eat it.

Really disappointed.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

While my OH went up a nearby hill I wanted a bite to eat and decided to come here glad I did it was really busy which speaks for itself I had a soup and quiche took a while to arrive but not surprised due to the number of tables well worth the wait
Thank you for refreshing and refueling me

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Situated in the old Strathfillan Church, this cafe is full of character. Great coffee and freshly prepared food, it’s also a showcase for local Crafties. If they hadn’t run out of Brie I’d have given them 6 stars.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here while walking the Tyndrum to Crianlarich part of the West Highland Way. This is a lovely little tea room / cafe with lots of charm.
I had a fantastic salmon pate with oat cakes and it was fantastic. The mushroom soup looked good too. Although we didn't have any the cakes looked delicious.
The staff were so friendly. Would recommend.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

My wife and I had been in the area for a few days and were thoroughly enjoying the breakfasts at Ewich House (that is we were probably eating too much). We werent in the mood for a big (or any) lunch since we had dinner plans. This was fun place to stop for tea and scones and other wonderful baked items. Its in a converted old church with local art and crafts on display and for sale. There is a wood burning stove which made it the perfect spot for a afternoon snack and rest.