Winnock Hotel(Drymen)(Great Value!)
Ashbank B&B(Drymen)
  • Fitness centre
Glenlaird(Drymen)
1,375 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomhaven spahot buffetafternoon tealovely hotelleisure clubloch lomondwedding venuelounge areasalmon wrapan overnight stayevening mealshort breakbuffet stylebed and breakfastrelaxing break
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel for my brothers wedding. My brother and his new wife also along with serval other family members, friends and bridal party. Prior to arrival serval of us had called to ask about early check in, in order to get dressed and ready for wedding. We had been told to call back as they where unsure of what rooms they would have available. We called the day before and they where still unable to help or tell us if we could check in early or even have access to a temporary room to get changed. On arrival to the hotel another wedding guest was trying to check in early in order to get ready for wedding. The receptionist was very unprofessional and unhelpful with her tone. She told the guest he could get changed in the gents toilets. Furthermore the receptionist assured us she would pass on the information to the night receptionist that all of us where at the wedding and would be late check ins. Arriving at the hotel after wedding night receptionist said at handover we had been marked as ‘ no shows’ and hadn’t been passed on any information about us being at a wedding. Thankfully they hadn’t given our rooms away which could of happened. The staff where very unhelpful or professional. The receptionist we spoke to in the morning was unwilling to pass on the complaint to the manager. Which has resulted in my brother sending an email. There where several unhappy customers with the service of hotel complaining in the morning some wedding guests and some not. They definitely need to train their staff on basic manners and customer service. Very poor service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Had booked this hotel via .myhotelbreak.com for myself and my husband, and when we arrived were told they had no booking for us and that .myhotelbreak.com must have forgotten to send confirmation but they we see what they could do, they then handed us a key and said they would have to get room ready, fair enough we thought however we sat watching others check in and go directly to rooms for over an hour it was at this time we noticed others sitting with cases like ourselves only to find out they were in the exact same position no room booked and they had been there for over 2 hours 'waiting for a room to be cleaned'. By then alarm bells were ringing so I phoned .myhotelbreak.com and spoke to Holly directly who sent me the confirmation email and phoned hotel for them to say' oh we do have the booking.' certainly not what we or any other couple where told. Anyway after over an hour sitting my husband asked 'will room be ready soon' for reception to say 'yes they are ready' What! so no one could tell us or anyone else this. We preceded down to basement level (they put us all there) and no amount of bleach or air fresheners could cover the smell of dampness. Returning to the reception I asked to be moved.... they did show us another room which had leather pealed of chairs rickety windows and no way to hold the two single together because catch was broken (we booked a double) As I went back to inform husband of my worries... my worries were increased by the queue of people at reception complaining.... no hot water, broken light fitments... TV not working... no heating (they offered one couple a blow heater). It was like a scene from Fawlty Towers.... Stayed here a year ago and certainly was not like this..... How could this fall in standards occur in one year?
We decided at this point there was no way we were staying here, and Holly at .myhotelbreak.com arranged another hotel nearby and a world of difference... would we stay here again.. short answer is No.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Prior to arriving at hotel, I tried to book a table in the restaurant for dinner and it took a few days - had a problem getting through but eventually did on 3rd day! On arrival, we were greeted well and facilities etc were explained to us. On our way to our room we could see that the hotel was needing some decor and maintenance as the fire door was sticking and there were bits of decor not looking great! In our room the curtains were hanging off the rail and ;eft a big gap, I managed to use a hair clip to keep them together and hold the bits up onto the pelmet. There were various bits of decor issues in the room too but the bathroom was the best feature as it had been recently decorated and had a blind that closed! The only issue was the shower went hot and cold all the time. Dinner and breakfast was nice, however the staff clearly hadn't had any proper waitress training and one in particular, seemed to be really stressed but the restaurant only had 5 tables of people. I didn't use the leisure facilities so I couldn't comment on those. A little bit of customer service training, maintenance and some proper management should sort these issues out as it wasn't a bad hotel, just needing some improvements.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Two nights of a wonderful stay.. I read other reviews RE midgies on curtains.. Your in Scotland..it's the local bug! Room was lovely I think on booking though you'll have to specify double bed as we had a twin. However had butterfly chicken for dinner yummy! Tottie scones bit tough though at breakfast but well organised staff. Even the cleaners in the wee pink tunics bent over backwards for us. There was a wedding on and we were warned about noise but dj didn't show so couldn't comment on noise we would've joined in anyway. Barman is a character. Made everyone smile. Plenty of shampoo etc in toilet amazing view of back of hotel room 12. Our room wasn't ready till 2 so if you are booking in I would check to see what time it will be ready for you. We just went to the bar and had lunch soup n sandwich lovely. Pool amazing it was very quiet so we made most of steam room and jacuzzi. Towels are provided and gym looks well equipped. Will Def be back here to stay. Lovely hotel and lovely quaint wee village

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend Stayed here as part of a myhotelbreak.com cheap deal ,,,, what a find , from start to finish we were surprisingly delighted with this hotel (as we had read the poor reviews on here and were quite worried as we arrived)
The hotel itself is well furnished and decorated throughout , all of the staff were really helpful , our room was upgraded free of charge to the honeymoon room , it was stunning, the food at the evening meal was typical pub grub and reasonably priced, breakfast in the morning was plentiful and hot buffet style. On checking out we visited the pool and spa for a few hours , again this was very well finished and relaxing.
All in all for what we paid id say we got a real bargain and we would definitely return .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple