All reviewsvalue for moneyself drivehot waterbay tarbetcoach driverevening entertainmentshearings holidayfree drinksbit datedweekend breaksaturday nightold buildingstaff were excellenthalf boardsqueaky floorboardsfantastic valuefood was fine
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Just spent four days at the target hotel lock Lomond on a shearing holiday had a great time the staff were lovely especially the young man who looked after us in the restaurant,went on several trips out our coach driver Jimmy was great and very knowledgeable about all the surrounding interesting places,parts of the hotel are in need of a bit of talc but am glad to say will be getting that after the New year when the hotel closes till March while it's being done,that should read tlc not talc.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank Carol O
Ronnie J, General Manager at Bay Tarbet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your lovely comments to all the staff involved.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future and we are hopefully getting that work done in the first few months of next year

Reviewed 31 October 2017

A kind review might say that this place is living on its past glories but that would, I feel, be rather too gentle. The truth is that this place is now a dump and needs a major overhaul.

The hotel last had such an overhaul in 1974 and I don't think that much has changed since. The rooms, bar, restaurant, lounge all feel as if they are from a bygone era - and I don't mean some glorious 18th century past. The hotel is simply tired having had no investment for decades and it shows.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Freecall
Ronnie J, General Manager at Bay Tarbet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to read that you feel the hotel fell below your expectations, but to call it a dump is simply unfair.
The hotel is at present planning an extensive refurbishment of bedrooms for the beginning of 2018, however the comments regarding the bar and lounge areas are very strange as they are very modern and contemporary as they were just recently refurbished in 2014.
We do see that some of the rooms are a little tired but they have had investment over the years and will continue to do so.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday night gentleman receptionist was very nice.Meals in the resturaunt were fantastic.The hotel needs a good renovation but it adds to the character of the old building.I did say to my husband I felt as if I was in a retirement home but I loved it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela H

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I run a small tour company with minibuses touring around the highlands to lots of different destinations.

I had the misfortune today to run out of driving time and forced to rest due to the limited hours for a tachograph. I told my 14 visitors we could stop at this hotel until I could get my 30 minute legal break which I must take by law as I had ran a few minutes over and needed to make sure I was in a safe place to stop. After all my clients could get a nice cup of tea. Needless to say they are going to take this review back to the States and Northern Europe with them.

I pulled into the hotel only to find lots of scaffolding up the side of the building and bits and pieces of scaffolding set to the side of the building from what I could see the car park looked busy and did not want to go in in case I got stuck Therefore I stopped and parked into the side next to the privately owned temporary disabled parking signs having to park across a few spaces as I could not park like a normal car due to the size of my vehicle. Which, to me was the only sensible place to stop. I also had a disabled person on board so could not see a problem as there were 3 other spaces available.

When inside and settling into a cup of tea, the male receptionist came over to me and demanded I moved my vehicle which, under normal circumstances would not be a problem but it is illegal to move a vehicle on a tachograph when you have not got any driving time until after the rest period is complete. I explained this to him and said I would move it ASAP when legal to do so. The female (I Assume) duty manager came to me and was extremely aggressive to me in front of the 14 people whom I had just taken into the hotel calling me names I can not put on here raising her voice and telling me I could move it and she was going to call the police.

I have never in my life been so aggressively verbally attacked by anyone in my life, the language used was terrible and the display was extremely bad.

To say I was embarrassed is an understatement.

I thought it was disgraceful behaviour for anyone to display to another person and in front of hotel staff and 14 hotel guests which I had taken in there.

I do not know what her position is in the hotel but I can assure you if I were the employer the would be looking for a new job tomorrow morning. as she may be doing the same to guests staying in the hotel.

I am disgusted and my recommendation to everyone in the world of Scottish Tours to avoid this hotel with your clients

Do not take your clients here, the staff are not what I would expect. and there was no safety barriers around the scaffolding where the public and disabled parking was set out and was nothing short of dangerous. Perhaps a visit from the health and safety executive would tighten it up.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
8  Thank David Y

Unfortunately this review from DY travel is tarnished with inaccuracy's and false statements throughout.
During this gentleman's visit he was not subject to any bad language, he was not abused and certainly was not a victim as has been made out, in fact the opposite would be very true. The victim was the disabled guests who was unable to park their cars in any of the designated spots because of his actions. My duty management team gave the individual every opportunity to move the Mini coach which was parked across front three car parking bays (including a disabled car parking bay). Simple consultation with the staff would have solved the situation as there was no need what so ever to park in those areas as there was ample coach parking located at the rear (we have photographic evidence of this). We host on average 150 coaches per year, on those coaches a percentage of those people have registered disabilities and mobility issues and this is the first time in 20 years of working in this industry that I have ever heard of a coach driver parking across disabled car parking spaces (if this was done on a street or council land a fine would be issued). The normal practice is for drivers to drop guests in the area at the side of the hotel close to the entrance and then park in the coach bays at the rear. When he were asked politely by both a member of staff and the accompanying guest if he could move his coach the first time, he stated quite categorically that he would not as "he was on his break" there was no mention of any disabled passengers requirements, when he was approached by a duty manager and asked to move his mini coach again the same response was given this time with a lot more attitude and aggression. I was then called and asked for advice and he was asked for a third time to move the coach, to which again he spat forcibly his response to my staff, who stated they would be calling the authorities for further advise. At this stage the duty manager called the non emergency police number for advice and was told by the officer that the gentleman was, while not directly breaking the law, "morally repugnant" and that there was no reason for such actions. All this time there was a guest awaiting a disabled bay until he moved. He was told of the Police response to his actions and what was said to my staff by the officer. Nothing else was said. The gentleman after a while did leave with his passengers and when leaving proceeded to scream abuse and in fact called my duty manager an "Animal" for repeating the response given by the officer to his behaviour.
We also received very unsavoury complaints from his passengers about his attitude and rude behaviour towards not just the staff but his passengers.
In closing, We refute the accusations against the staff and the notion that this gentleman was a victim of any mistreatment by the staff or management.

Ronnie Jackman

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Came on a self-drive with Shearings. Lovely old building with lots of character. Work being done currently so scaffolding up but didn't spoil anything as only in room to sleep! Rooms were with Loch view and were very comfortable, if in need of a bit of an upgrade. Very clean and tidy though. Bar lounge very comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was buffet style and really good. Evening meals had reasonable choice with always a salad option. Manager Ronnie and all the staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble and everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Great value and a good base for exploring the beautiful countryside!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sue J

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your lovely comments to all the departments and staff.
As you have mentioned we are undergoing some work at present with a view to a refurbishment plan beginning in early 2018.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.