Bay Tarbet Hotel
Inversnaid Hotel(Inversnaid)
Ardgartan Hotel(Arrochar)
Ardlui Hotel(Ardlui)
View Hotel
All reviewsvalue for moneyhot waterbay tarbetcoach driverevening entertainmentshearings holidayfree drinksbit datedweekend breaksaturday nightstaff were excellentold buildinghalf boardsqueaky floorboardsfantastic valuefood was finethree courses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just returned from a 5 day break. The change in this hotel is wonderful. Although there was only 1 coach party we had all the trimmings.Entertainment every night. Our bedroom had been newly refurbished and the bathroom also had new shower and fitments. They have only recently reopened since refurbishment and not all the work has been finished. The staff couldnt have been more helpful even though they were working very hard. Natalia needs a special mention as she served breakfast, then went into the bar and was still there in the evening, she was an absolute star ! Thank you all for the lovely changes, can hardly believe it is the same hotel. Oh mustnt forget the coach driver. he was very knowledgeable and took us round Glasgow to places we wouldnt normally have found.. All in all a lovely 5 days. Thank you !

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ronnie J, General Manager at Bay Tarbet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I will make sure to pass on all your feedback to the staff involved, especially Natalia I am sure she will be delighted with such lovely feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve just stayed at The Tarbet with my mum Monday- Friday. I have to say that we were a little dubious after reading some other reviews, but it exceeded all of our expectations by far! We had room 125 and it had been recently decorated. It was spacious, clean, nicely decorated and had a big bathroom. Amazing view of the Loch. Everywhere in the hotel- bar, restaurant etc were all of the same standard. Staff friendly and food very nice too. Wouldn’t hestisate to stay again or recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn B

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and am delighted that you appreciate the hard work and effort that has gone in to refurbishing the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We booked for three days over New Year but stayed only one night. The staff were friendly, especially the foreign staff. Unfortunately the hotel was shabby - best word to describe it. It had seen much better days. The décor was old, wallpaper hanging off the walls, chipped pant, stained grout round the bath/shower and paint stains on the carpets. Its a lovely building but it is in dire need of an uplift. I did complain to Shearings but got a non-plus response. Nothing to encourage me to use a Bay hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Tim H

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and can only apologise for any issues you may have had. Please note that since your review the hotel has undergone a substantial refurbishment that should have dealt with the issues you have raised in the review.

We hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the near future

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Have just returned home after spending 3days at this lovely hotel. Room was spacious and very clean. Comfortable beds and complimentary drinks fruit etc. Tea and coffee making facilities. The lounges and bar were very comfortable. Drink prices reasonable. The food was excellent. From breakfast to evening meals.The management and staff were the the most friendly I have ever known in a hotel. Natalia was our server in the restaurant. She was so friendly and efficient. The hotel is now closed for refurbishment so will be even better.I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank karen b
Ronnie J, General Manager at Bay Tarbet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass on your lovely comment to all the staff and we hope to welcome you back to our newly refurbished hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Just returned from 5day break in Tarbet,and can honestly say that I have seldom had such a great holiday,a cruise on loch Lomond on boxing Day morning in the beautiful crisp air , surrounded by snow capped mountains was an experience we shall treasure for a very long time,and was only matched by the warmth of the staff at the bay Tarbet hotel on our return,the hotel has a charm that is bordering on addictive,indeed we are already planning to return,but aswell as the excellent food,the main charm of this hotel has to be its staff,indeed every single member of staff display a level of kindness, professionalism,and care that I have seldom seen elsewhere,and are a credit to Ronnie and Kirsty,the excellent management team,indeed in our opinion,Natalia,our waitress should win this year's waitress of the year,for here warmth, patience,and friendly smile,
Well done all at the bay Tarbet,and already looking forward to seeing you all again very soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank John H
Ronnie J, General Manager at Bay Tarbet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Reviewer,

WOW!! thank you so much for this wonderful review.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your Christmas break with us and could not agree more with your comments regarding the staff. They truly are a great group and take great pride in trying to look after every guest as well as they can. I will take great pride in passing these comments on to all the staff especially Natalia. I am sure they will be delighted.

We look forward to you returning in the New Year!!