“Delighted”

Del Amitri at the Powfoot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Powfoot
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

As someone who has many happy memories of visiting the Powfoot Hotel from childhood to recent years, I'm delighted that it now seems to be going from strength to strength. We visited for lunch and were presented with a tightly organised a la carte menu and a few special options. The staff were lovely - professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. I had sweetcorn soup that was advertised as having chilli in it - it was very subtle and I would have preferred a bit more of a hit, but given that the soup came with adorable and delicious blue cheese muffins, I am not complaining! I have a theory that you tell a lot about a place by their Caesar Salad and this did not disappoint. Lots of lettuce, dressing, generously Parmesan-ed and bacon-ed, it really hit the spot. My one "note" would be to not cube up the chicken quite a small as it was - it would look more generous if the chicken was in bigger pieces. My companions went for the veal hock special and enjoyed it very much. All-in-all lunch for three with a glass of wine cost just under £60 and given the view, surroundings and service I would say it was well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We came across this restaurant quite by chance on a short visit to the area. We had previously enjoyed a walk along the front at Powfoot (recommended), The hotel did not disappoint. The whole hotel appears to have been recently decorated to a high spec and has nice views over the Solway. The food I can only describe as first class and well presented. We had starters and mains wahed down with a glass of wine each. All for under £40. The staff could not have been any friendlier. A very nice experience. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone wishing a nice meal whislt visiting the area around Annan. It may be best to book though as I would imagine it will get very popular especially if they maintain this high standard of food.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

A friend and I had lunch here today.
The surroundings are extremely comfortable-staff courteous and professional.
The food was excellent.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

No booking so just had bar menu of specials, which was excellent. Good beer and wine choices and busy atmosphere. We were having a birthday celebration and couldn't fault anything. Staff especially helpful and courteous. Good food presentation and a cut above most places. Good value too and great for pre-lunch or post-lunch walk around beautiful Powfoot. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We visited here with friends after a walk along the coast and around the village, we previously booked for the carvery at 3pm, the food was excellent and the choice was great, we were encouraged to go back to the table again & again if we wished by the very friendly staff, who couldn't do enough for us.
Definitely a place to visit for quality and quantity, an amazing view and superb staff.