“Excellent service and home baked cakes”
Review of The Pizzeria

The Pizzeria
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Stranraer
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Good Local Cafe
Reviewed 11 December 2015

We had coffee here each morning while in Stranraer. The ladies we very friendly and the coffee was excellent. A very warm and friendly atmosphere with a wide range of home bakes cakes to choose from.

3  Thank DavePam22

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

Been coming here since I was a little girl and it is still as good. I always have tuna panini and chips and it's always great . There's always a good selection of cakes too.

2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Stopped for coffee after visting the castle across the road. Staff served us quickly and were very friendly. Excellent cakes

2  Thank CarlBguide
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We came here on a wet day after having it recommended by a nearby shop owner. The cafe seems to stay busy most of the day from what we saw (we were stuck in town while our car was in the garage) but service is fast and friendly. We shared the bolognaise and diavolo pizza, the bases seemed to be freshly made in house and were very nice. The bolognaise was meaty but not very tomatoey which was a bit disappointing. The diavolo was very well topped and very tasty. I had a strawberry gateux frappe - it was huge and delicious, recommended. I'd come back here to try other things next time I was in town.

3  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 11 June 2015

Well staff were very friendly and helpful. I ordered toast and poached eggs with a side of hash browns, but was served poached eggs on a plate with hash browns and toast on a separate plate, the eggs were completely destroyed and all over the place trying to get them on to the toast. Eggs were runny which would usually be great for me, but when they've been served in an odd order it's hard to move them without losing half the egg. My mother and aunty both enjoyed their sandwiches. We ordered chips for the table, a small portion, which was actually huge so that's great value for money. Unfortunately many of the chips were not cooked properly and were still raw inside. We were on holiday and thought we'd have a treat and order some large chocolate milkshakes, in opposition to the chips, their "large" milkshake was just a regular small glass, I'm sure their small milk shake must have been a shot, it was also basically just chocolate milk (wouldn't be surprised if it was nesquik) so that was a bit disappointing.