Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
  • Pool
Marriott Memphis East(Memphis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfree laundryfull size fridgekitchen arealiving roomhome away from homesafe locationgreat place to stayclean roomsmemphis areaking bedfront desk staffstaff was very friendly and helpfulyogurtdefinitely stay here againhayesbenihanastove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

I had not heard of Staybridge, so was worried. I worried for no reason. Our stay was great! Large clean rooms, friendly people, good breakfast. I could not ask for a more pleasant stay. My friend that stayed at a Marriot was jealous when she stopped by. I will stay again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Atchleykl
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear Atchleykl - Many years ago I had not heard of Staybridge Suites myself. I can tell you I was not disappointed. It is now my favorite brand due to the environment and all that the hotel has to offer. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and now have no worries. It is great that you gave us your first opportunity for a Staybridge Suites. I hope to make more Marriot guests jealous :). If you are ever back in Memphis, please come again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

Outstanding hotel and staff. The staff made the visit great, rooms are excellent. Staff helped our Corvette club stay together. Hospitality room was made available for meetings of my 40 members. Outstanding hotel and staff and a credit to Memphis.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Marvin M - We are grateful you and your group gave us the opportunity this year for your Corvette group. I hope your trip to Memphis went well and had a great time on Beale St. I know the weather worked for your group. And thank you for the kinds comments. I will be sure to pass them along to the rest of the staff. Please come back and visit again even if not for a Corvette group. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

I stayed at this Staybridge Suites for 6 nights in Memphis. It is a great value and a great location, near Target and many restaurants. Debra and her staff for the breakfast and dinner service were superb! There were tons of choices for breakfast and they had nightly, homecooked dinners with wine and beer. The location was quiet and I slept well. Will stay here again when I come to Memphis!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Dear lesliebug - I am so happy that you decided to stay with us for those 6 nights and that we did not disappoint. Debra is one of many valuable people we have here on staff. I am glad they took care of you and helped you enjoy our breakfast and Social evening receptions. We do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 1 May 2015

We pick this hotel because it was close to the University of Memphis. I have to say the place was excellent. The workers were always pleasant. The input from the workers was spot on. Would stay there again. Also the free breakfast was excellent and also the happy hour.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear Steven S - I kind of think we are awesome too :). Really, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope all went well during your time in Memphis. It is great to see that our guests get to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and Social evening receptions. Since you would come back, please do. We would love to have you as our guests again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I love this place. I was in a spacious room, watching Hector and the Search for Happiness (movie is great) on the DVD player in the comfy bed with fluffy pillows. The staff, shout outs to Lois and Hayes, are genial, helpful, genuine, etc. The room is way bigger than I expected, bigger than a room I had at a resort. It didn't feel like they tried to fit in all the suite furniture in a space too small to accommodate it like in some other hotels. I am so glad the Hilton was full. The prices are better and the room was big enough to entertain friends, not that I did!

I was waiting on a package and Lois called me to let me know it arrived before UPS informed me via text.

The breakfast buffet is generous and appealing and vast. Ripe cut and whole fruit, many types of yogurt, French toast, etc. And they are so clever there are to-go bags for those who need them (you may have to ask for utensils). The selections of meat and breakfast breads change daily.

You don't quite have to play chicken getting across the street to the Hilton, but be careful.

Restaurants (local and chain), Target, a public library branch, Whole Foods and Kroger, and cheaper gas are within 10 minutes drive. You can walk to Benihana and a movie theater/restaurant where you can see the latest independent films.

The only cons I can think of are that smokers congregate outside the entrance and this is a pet friendly chain. However, even with my serious allergies, the room feels dander-free.

I haven't been to happy hour and I wish I could. Food, drink and fun are promised.

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies, make sure you tell staff to clean the room well or give you a pet-free room, if there are any.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Dear travel42work - We love our fans! I am glad you are now one of them. I will have to check out Hector and the Search for Happiness since you say it is great. It is great to know that you were able to enjoy it in your room. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast, location, staff, etc. We obviously did not disappoint. We hope you will stay with us again and not the Hilton :). Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.