“Many intersting art exhibits”

Dixon Gallery & Gardens
Ranked #33 of 159 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Art museum specializing in impressionist and post-impressionist painting, featuring work by Matisse, Renoir, Gaugin, Cassat and Turner.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This place has very beautiful grounds and exhibits for people of all ages. I would highly recommend any age to visit this museum and grounds

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I'm a Monet and associates, French Impressionists art nut. Had some time to kill and wandered into this gallery only to find it has a great collection of French art! The Monets, Boudin, Cezanne, Manet, and Renoir paintings and sculpture had great little descriptions on the walls. Wasn't in a hurry and made me think of wandering in France. Went there on a Saturday and they didn't charge admission! Who'd a thought, in Memphis, Tennessee?

1  Thank James M
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We enjoyed the collection and the gardens are very nice as well. I might make another trip depending on the exhibits available.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My visit in the spring caught blooming gardens and trees. I enjoyed the setting as I hadn't on a previous visit in the winter. I was there for the State of the Art exhibit and enjoyed the found art theme. The shop is small and carried a nice array of interesting gifts. So much to see!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The gardens are very peaceful, and we wandered for a while before going inside. The collections there are small but beautiful, with very many famous painters and interesting art pieces. The temporary exhibit on display during our visit was on perfume, and was a very interesting plunge into this facet of history and art.