“Cuban and Mexican Fare”
Review of Los Compadres Restaurant - CLOSED

Los Compadres Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 May 2016

My husband I love Cuban food, so Los Compadres Cuban dishes was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was festive and the food delicious. They were able to seat a large group of us; however, the service was not great. The food came out very slowly and the servers didn't honor my requests even after asking them several times (in Spanish). I finally had to get up an go ask for what I needed. If I get hungry for Cuban food that is where I will go.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

What is great about this place: frozen margaritas!! I hate frozen margaritas, but something about theirs knocks me out! It is good and strong. The food is pretty decent too. Especially the Cuban menu which is hard to get in Memphis. I love the steak asada and the portions are huge!

The bad? The service is terrible. I've been here multiple times and waited to be served far beyond what is normal or acceptable.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

The worst water. Do NOt drink it. Tastes like totten popes. Terrible especially when you know Memphis water is excellent. The amanager doesn't even care and won't come to your table when you ask for him.
The avocado dip is the most tasteless avocado dip in the world. They have mixed some kind of cream in it and it doesn't taste at all like avocados. They lie when they say it's freshly done. No way. Who are they kidding?

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

I was in Memphis on business last month and discovered Los Compadres by accident. I went in hoping for a good Mexican restaurant but was delighted to discover they serve Cuban food as well. I took my server's recommendation and tried the Cuban roast pork. It was delicious! Service was fast and the waiter was extremely friendly. Would recommend you give this place a try

Reviewed 19 September 2015

We eat here about twice a month. The food is very good, friendly service, and great margaritas. We enjoy sitting on the patio - it can be noisy inside. It's a great place to meet up with friends or to have a relaxing evening with someone special.