South of Beale
Reserve with OpenTable
South of Beale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,497 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: South of Beale is Memphis' first gastropub! At the bar, we focus on unique cocktails along with local / regional beers from the area. Our food menu is new-American style with a few extra twists!
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Great food. Saw this place on the food channel and wanted to check it out. Food was excellent. Inside has really loud music constantly playing, so it is tough to have a conversation. Outside patio did not lend itself to pleasant dining due to weather. Food was worth the noise. Would come back if in Memphis again

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My wife and I took outdoor seating on a fantastic evening and had a light meal. We shared an Brisket Eggroll Appetizer and Shrimp and Grits main course. Both were fantastic. We will absolutely be going back even though we live 100 miles away.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Very noisy atmosphere. Difficult to have a discussion with friends. Ordered the Duck Fried Rice, so salty couldn't eat it. First bite of duck was hard as a rock. Had I been by myself would have sent it back, with a group and didn't want to make a scene. Salad was good.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I had seen "S.O.B." on Triple D ("Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives") several years ago. I had even gone and gotten the Duck Fried Rice - it was good. Well, I recently took my wife to enjoy the great food at S.O.B. - and she enjoyed it too. Actually we decided to split the dishes and were glad we did, we left full and satisfied. The serving staff did a great job too - pleasant and attentive to our needs.

We both shared - and enjoyed - the Duck Fried Rice. They simply have a way of mixing tasty Duck Confit, flavorful spices and moist, tender fried rice into a wonderful mouthful of flavor. And that was just the appetizer.

The Fried Pork Chop was moist, tender, not overly cooked and well-seasoned. Although we ordered a second order to split, the Chop came with the Gouda Mac 'N Cheese. MAN! Was it ever good. The Smoked Gouda made the dish smooth and flavorful. We got the second order because we didn't think there would be enough to share. We didn't need a second order. The generous helping was plenty (but we were quite glad we did have extra. Mmmm!).

Now they did have a number of other dishes and side-dishes that looked delicious, but hey - you can only eat so much on one visit, right? You know what that means. Yup, gotta go back again to try the rest.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I are hear and the food and atmosphere were great. I had the pork chop and Mac and cheese. My tongue kept getting in my way.

Been to South of Beale? Share your experiences!