“Superb service and great music”
Review of Restaurant Iris

Restaurant Iris
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,557 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Born and raised in Southern Louisiana, Chef Kelly English fell in love with the culture and food of New Orleans. Equipped with his training from award-winning Chef John Besh, English presents a unique dining experience. Restaurant Iris specializes in French-Creole cuisine featuring local and seasonal ingredients. English infuses his endless creativity and passion for food into each dish. Whether indulging in his Oysters three ways, a "Knuckle Sandwich", or a dessert made just for you, one is sure to reap the benefits of English"s rich culinary background. We invite you to experience Restaurant Iris, simplicity at its most elegant. Please note: Due to the limited capacity of our dining room, we offer limited online reservation availability. For more information regarding availability, please contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed 4 June 2018

If you like Southern cooking with a real quality taste then you won't do much better than this.

The service was excellent as was the choice of music that the staff do themselves by mixing their own CDs.

Expensive but worth it.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I’ve been in a Memphis for three days and this was our favourite meal. The house is pretty and fragrant from the outside and the inside has a nice character (believe they may be ripping that out sadly). We both had Brussels to start and I had without the bacon and I enjoyed them as I do love a Brussel sprout. I had a layered crab dish (ravigote)which was light and delicious. We made the mistake of ordering the chocolate tart pudding which we had to send back as the taste and texture was not very nice. It didn’t taste of chocolate and there was a jelly type texture which wasn’t what we were expecting after the waitress had said it was a “snickers” type dessert. I read on a previous review someone had disliked the waitress asking “is everything delicious”. I liked the waitress but if she is reading this I’d politely suggest she stops saying it as it’s not very helpful or professional. No one wants to say “actually, No”.
Having said that and to balance the review I would recommend Iris. The staff were knowledgeable about the wine list and menu and the service was smooth and unfussy and we liked the location.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We had a great experience here! Loved just about everything about it. We did learn that they will be closing the beginning of June 2018 for renovations. I believe they will be closed all summer and have some plans to change up the menu a bit upon its reopening.

We began our meal by splitting the lobster knuckle sandwich. There was tons of fresh lobster meat piled high on this open faced sandwich. The dressing and such were a perfect compliment to the sweet lobster meat and never over powered it. My one and only very minor complaint of the meal was that the bread on the sandwich got just a bit soggy on the bottom. I had the spinach and herbed goat cheese salad next and it too was excellent. Loved the herbed cheese with the spinach, pickled onions and the candied walnuts. Simple but perfect. For my main I had the Trout almondine. My nose was overwhelmed by the buttery goodness when it was delivered to the table. The dish was excellent but oh so rich. Again, simple but perfect. Loved everything from the pureed cauliflower to the perfectly cooked trout to the toasted almonds. YUM!

Service was slow but meant to be. This is a place to savor your food not rush through like you need to catch a train. Our waitress was lovely and had lots of helpful suggestions. The chef himself even stopped by to check that everything was perfect.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Such a great find on a recent visit for nephews graduation. The food was over the top. Atmosphere snd staff are phenomenal. It is worth the trip. Not your average restaurant. The chef came out to visit snd ser how we liked his offerings.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

wonderful service, attentive, pleasant. Food options are definitely NOLA themed, so you need to like shellfish. I had the duck, and it was tough to cut but tasty. Another three people had the NY strip, and it similarly was difficult to cut but tasty.