Extended Stay America - Memphis - Apple Tree
US$225
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I chose this hotel on a last minute decision based on location. The most admirable quality of this hotel is that it is off the beaten path. It is with in walking distance of a Walmart grocery store and not far from the highway.

Upon checking in, the hotel appears clean and the front desk service was good. Once checked in, you walk up a few steps to a lobby area. From there you have another flight of stairs to the third floor. If there was an elevator, I could not tell you where it was. For me, I was in a hurry and did not ask.

In the lower lobby there is breakfast to go, which means really coffee and a wrapped small muffin or breakfast bar. Not really a breakfast, per se.

The room was comfortable. There is a considerable closet with ironing board and iron. There is a kitchenette and fridge.Of course, you need to bring your own groceries and pots and pans. I am not sure how many folks do that these days.

There was a desk and phone between the kitchen and bed. There were two chairs, when one would have sufficed. The room stayed cool with the AC. While the internet was a bit spotty the cable was worse. Channels struggled to stay locked in.There is an on sight laundry listed, but I did not use it.

In all, based on the location I might use the hotel again. If I were going to stay more than a night, the stairs and poor internet connection would be a factor. There internet situation is repairable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Apple Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel. We are pleased to know you had a pleasant stay and that you were impressed with the service provided by our Front Desk associates. However, I am sorry for the issues you had with our internet service while being here. We are reviewing the situation as a training tool to improve our procedures and to ensure this does not happen again. Please know, kitchenware for your suite is available and kept at the front desk to ensure cleanliness. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Call this the Ghettotel. This place was gross and disgusting. Desk chair caked with dust. Rust, dirt and chips off the top of the refrigerator and dents and discoloration on the door. They want to hit you up for a $250.00 deposit if you smoke, but, my room smell like it was always a smoking room when they said it was not. In fact, my comforter had cigarette holes. Just look at the pictures

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Iadvisetravelers
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Apple Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Our promise to our guest includes a commitment to providing a clean, fresh environment, and I am very sorry that did not happen when you were here. I am very concerned about your experience and have immediately brought this to the attention of our housekeeping for review and action. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the hospitality you deserve on a future visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The staff was very kind and helpful. I would stay there again because of the staff. They were very helpful to correct any problems. Maintenance man was very helpful. If the hotel was as nice as the staff it would probably be a 3 star.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank ladychief51
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Apple Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thanks for evaluating your stay. We are happy you had an overall pleasant visit and liked the outstanding service provided by our staff. I will share your compliments with my entire team. We value your business and look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

First, I've spent $1,500+ book this location for a month since I am completing two externships in the Memphis area. Upon arrival to my FIRST room, Sunday (June 25th), I walked in, the bed had just been slept in, the bathroom was horrible (towels on the floor, dirty toilet and shower) and the room had a bad odor. I called the front desk to present the problem and they non-chalabtly told me to come down and get a different room. I went to speak with front desk personnel and I was informed that I would have to wait 3 hours for a first floor room (where long-time guests usually stay), 30 minutes for a second floor room, or go straight to a 3rd floor room. Now, I remind you, I am staying at this hotel for a month (prepaid) and it has no elevator or baggage carriers, so traveling up 3 flights of stairs with all of my belongings was out of the question. I asked one of the emoloyees if she could check to see if a second floor room was available and she did so. Luckily, the housekeeeper was just finishing up cleaning one room on the second floor, so I settled with that one. Fast forward to the next day... I wake up and realize that my sheets and bed spread were disgusting, as if no one changed the bed set, but just made it up from the previous customers. I called and asked if I could get new everything and the the woman on the phone informed me that she would do it, but I would usually have to pay for that extra service. For sheets that had an "already been slept on" appearance? I think not... Later on in the week (around Thursday or Friday) I called and requested a dish pack. A guy told me that they were all out and I should try to call back in about 3 hours. Well, by the time 3 hours passed, I went to purchase food already. Non-sense! Sunday rolls around and it's time for housekeeping to clean rooms... I leave from my room around 11:30a-12pm while they're completing their rounds and I notify one female housekeeper of this. She responds, "okay. He'll clean it when he finishes that room". I return to my room around 5-6pm and nothing has been done to my room. NOTHING. I called the front desk about the situation and a young lady answers. She apologizes and assures me that the matter would be taken care of. She jots down my room number and tells me that it will be cleaned first thing Monday morning. I was fine with that. I asked her for a disk pack as well and she told me it would be about 15 minutes before she could get it to me because they were kind of busy at the moment. I told her that I understood and I'd wait for it. Well, 30 minutes pass and still no dish pack. I called back down stairs and told her to just leave it in my room because I had somewhere to be. I got back later on that night and sill, no dish pack. On Monday, I exited the hotel around 7:50a. I returned around 8:15p, my room still hadn't been cleaned and no dish pack was available. I called the front desk about this issue and the guy said that he'd "talk to management about it". After I asked him when the problem would be resolved, he stated nonchalantly, "Probably in the morning because our housekeepers are gone." Pissed, I responded, "That's what I was told yesterday. I also need a dish pack that was supposed to be delivered yesterday and the day before that." He responded, "we're out of dish packs right now." So here I am, in the beginning of my second week stay with NO dishes or anything to cook with that Extended Stay clearly offers. I have spent $1,500+ with this establishment and I really regret every moment of it. I was expected to have a much more pleasant stay. I've booked with Extended stay on MULTIPLE occasions and I've never experienced anything of this matter. I am highly disappointed in the service I've received and this is just the FIRST week! It's a shame that the money is non-refundable because I would have left a long time ago. Hopefully something is done about this situation.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
3  Thank B8958ODjasonh
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Apple Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that our front office staff fell short of providing you with the excellent service that we strive for daily. I have shared your feedback with my entire team, and we have taken measures to ensure this does not happen in the future. We hope you will consider this an isolated incident and come back for another stay. We would love the opportunity to provide you with the hospitality that you should have experienced during this stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The Robinson Clan arrived in town for a family reunion in Waterford, MS. Our first stop was at this hotel. All nine family members experienced the worst hotel accommodations ever! First, we were told that there was a $250.00 fine if caught smoking in the rooms. However, none of us smoke; yet we were given rooms that reaked of smoke, a room that was not fully cleaned (crumbs left on the table, refrigerator not clean, sticky substances everywhere, a room where there were no batteries in the remote and a sock left in the drawer; not able to get more clean wash cloths and towels after waiting more than hour for them to be washed. Next, we were then offered another room that looked like a hurricane had hit it. It had not been cleaned. There was debris thrown all over the floor (toilet paper, clothes, bedding, etc.). When brought to the attention of the front desk, she apologized and made her boss aware of it. As she searched for other rooms to accommodate us, she tried spraying the room down with febreeze to get rid of the smoke, but to no avail. She tried the handicapped rooms, but none were available. We finally ended up with a large suite that was satisfactory with no added cost. However, four other family members checked out to another hotel. My motto "Pay for what you want!!" Cheap is not always the best option....Last, don't look for breakfast here!

Room Tip: Don't choose this place, go else where!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheila B
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Apple Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Although you liked the service provided by our staff, we sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered which resulted in a disappointing stay. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. We are working with our Housekeeping team to reiterate the importance of our daily checklists to make sure this isn't repeated. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a better experience on your next stay.