Siegel Select - Memphis
US$134
US$127
ComfortInn
US$119
River Inn of Harbor Town(Memphis)
US$261
US$206
Priceline
US$199
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2015

On February 3, 2015 I checked into this Extended Stay America Hotel. It was late and my husband and I were exhausted from an extremely long trip. To be honest the first night I really did not pay that much attention to the room or the things that were wrong, I was just grateful to have a place to rest.
That night I could not help but notice that a few things were not right. For example in the shower, there was a large hole in the side wall where the towel bar was. And I noticed the area where the Tv cable cord was coming out of the wall was missing the cover. Relatively minor issues, but still noticeable. My husband had also contacted the front desk to request some additional pillows and was told to check back the next day with the front desk.
The next morning my husband and I dressed and left for the day and left. When we returned late in the evening we noticed that our room had not received housekeeping services. So I went down to the front desk to ask about extra pillows and to inquire about the lack of housekeeping. I was told that because we were staying less than 8 days we would not be receiving any housekeeping services. We were not made aware of this at the time of check in, and there were no signs indicating this policy. I was also told that if we wanted clean towels we would have to bring the dirty towels to the front desk to receive clean towels. I also requested additional pillows and was told again that I needed to check back the next day.
By this time I was beginning to get frustrated with the hotel. I returned to my room to retrieve the dirty towels, and noticed that the bed spread had numerous cigarette burns in it. And the only cloth chair in the room also had numerous burn holes in it as well. That evening when the temperature outside dropped considerably, I noticed that it was extremely cold in our room all night long despite having the heater on. The next day I noticed the large gaps in the room door that allowed cold air to enter the room, and noticed that the only window in the room had a large crack in it that went from one corner of the window to the other corner.
But the proverbial topper on the cake came the last night we stayed. After we went to sleep at around 2 am the phone rang in the room. My husband answered the phone and it was the front desk calling to ask if we were the room that called to report the bed bugs. When we were packing up the next morning to leave, I noticed that the room had No smoke detector in it. We had been in this room for 3 nights and every night we found more things wrong with it.
I could go on and on for a while, from the black disgusting moldy looking stuff on the wall of the freezer, to the missing stoppers in the sink and bathtub, the exposed bolts on the toilet bowl, the wobbly toilet seat, and the funky smell in the room. This hotel is not worthy of spending your money unless your desperate and just looking for a place to lay your head for a night.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tammy G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Siegel Select - Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2015

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It upsets me to hear that you experienced maintenance and cleanliness issues during your stay. I am sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken actions to remedy the many problems that occurred during your stay to ensure your experience is not repeated. I will also be speaking with our front desk staff to make sure our housekeeping policies are better communicated to our guests at check-in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at msv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

Half good and half not so good. Nice neighborhood and convenient location. Tasty muffins and good coffee for the "grab and go" breakfast. I actually did not mind that there was no maid service for three days. I typically make up my own bed anyway. It is my understanding that you have to pay extra for maid service. To get soap/toilet paper you go to the front desk and ask. To get towels you bring your used towels to the front desk and they replace them. I guess my biggest complaint is the hotel garbage can was right outside our front door and attracted bugs. There are people who live there full time and they place garbage cans outside. Also, the people who live here seem to have a lot of friends and family constantly visiting at all hours of the night and morning.
There were bugs crawling the bathroom floor at night. We were on the ground floor. My suggestion would be that you ask for a room on the second or third floor to control the bug problem. Dust about a quarter inch thick on all the light bulbs. At check-in we had a not very friendly desk clerk and when we checked out we had a super nice clerk.

Room Tip: Ask for the second or third floor and AWAY from the residents who live there full time.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EllaH1
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is obviously not a 5 star hotel but it served it's purpose well. For the price the location wasn't bad and the rooms are old but mine was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating to any needs.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank scottd446
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The place was old and smelly. If you are use to anything decent you will be disappointed. I was supposed to stay 4 nights and left after one. Don't do it! The sink stopper did not work. There was mold in the refrigerator. The furniture was old and tattered

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank dajaroe3
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Never would stay at this location again, room filthy, bathroom nasty, carpet was dirty. I felt so uncomfortable with this room. The assistant general manager didn't do anything about the problem, but apologize for the situation. Sheets had holes in it. This hotel WOULD NOT get my money at all.

• Stayed: July 2014