“Incorrect expectations”

Memphis Riverboats
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This might be an enjoyable experience for people who know what they are signing up for but for us that was not the case. We were thinking fun, live music, southern food, party river boat experience—this is not that!! It is a 90 minute history lesson on a boat that circles the same 1-2 miles of the river with a small concessions stand. It was hot, we were bored and would not recommend it to anyone who doesn’t love history!

All reviews
"ticket office"
"memphis history"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We are new to living in Memphis and had some family visiting and decided to book a tour. At ~$20ish per person, it was a bit pricey for a 90-minute tour that didn't take us very far up the river, but it was still fun. The saving grace was that the guide (his name was James I believe) was AWESOME! We learned some fun facts and being on the boat was fun.

Tip: I STRONGLY suggest boarding early so you can get a seat. They really cram it to full capacity and we boarded about 45 min early and still barely found a seat together!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Sometimes these things are a waste of money, but we felt this was worth it. As I said before we didn't go far, but we learned a lot from the guide. Sit upstairs if you can.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

A bit expensive but worth it if a nice day to be outside. There is plenty of history shared during the trip. Food prices on board reasonable for this type of venue (water $2/bottle).

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My sister, her boyfriend, and I went on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017. We absolutely loved it. The weather was perfect. The guy telling us facts as we cruised was very knowledgeable and friendly. My sister and I went on it last year in August as well. I try to make a yearly trip and we always do this.

Been to Memphis Riverboats? Share your experiences!