“Owen Brennans”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgeway; Regailia Shopping Center
Description: Owen Brennan's is a family owned and operated restaurant dedicated to bringing the taste and tradition of New Orleans to Memphis. With an extensive menu and innovative nightly specials, Owen Brennan's is the perfect environment for a family get together, business lunch or just a relaxing evening on our newly renovated patio. We hope to see you soon. Laissez Les Bonnes Temps Roulez!
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Had the crawfish etouffee. If was great. The staff was very attentive and served us very well. Decor seems dated. I don't live in town. But if I did I would definitely go back.

2  Thank kdr082475

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My favorite brunch in Memphis or really anywhere. Service, food and atmosphere was great! Our server was polite and attentive. The jazz band playing was wonderful. The brunch is buffet and the food is plentiful. Huge selection to choose from. You have your typical breakfast items. There is a selection of meats, vegetable and pastas; and several items with a New Orleans flair. There are a variety of salads & seafood choices. And many delicious deserts offered too. My favorite part of the experience was the omelet bar and Shortie. He puts on a show. He is entertaining and great at his job. I would go there to order an omelet just to watch and interact with him. I honestly can not see anyone being disappointed after dining here for brunch. The restaurant is very large and it is crowded. But we thoroughly enjoyed it.

4  Thank TonyaTBono
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Excellent choice for a business lunch. Great location and very convenient parking. I was immediately impressed when we walked in with the atmosphere and service.

The food was very good. I was wary of the clam chowder because they warned me that they add corn...but it was very good! It adds a little sweet to the chowder that I was not used to. It is definitely worth trying. My Shrimp Po Boy was outstanding. Just the right amount of bun for the shrimp and fixings. And the price point was mid-range and excellent for the quality of the food and the experience.

Truly a delightful meal. I will be back to try some of the other entrees. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The Brennan name is synonymous with great cajun food in Louisiana. So, I was surprised to find a restaurant this far north. All the classics appear on the menu, but I kept it simple....turtle soup, and crawfish ettoufee. The veggie plate looked good, but I'm not sure my guest really enjoyed it all. The carrots didn't disappear as quickly as the potatoes and Brussel sprouts.

Decor inside was what you would expect in NOLA. Nice step back into the quarter far far away.

1  Thank Troy S
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Great service- started with a Hurricane & Blueberry Icepick drinks. One was sweet- one was not! Try the soup with peppers & lump crabmeat- fantastic! Bread on the table was crusty French baguette- couldn't resist. I tried the Red Snapper- with rice & crawfish & veggies. I would highly recommend this- so good & they have brought New Orleans family's food to Memphis. Key Lime Pie was great- tart & perfect after a heavy dinner.