“Excellent breakfast. ”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: University Area Neighbourhood Association
Description: Food, family and community best describe this hidden jewel in Memphis tucked away in the heart of the University area, and known as the best breakfast in Memphis. We have home-cooked meals with fresh ingredients, excellent service in a friendly casual atmosphere, and beautiful garden seating. Bread, biscuits and pastries are baked fresh from scratch every day.
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Our family of nine scouted Brother Juniper’s out on TripAdvisor prior to our overnight drive from NY to Memphis in the first leg of our road trip. They confidently answered our pre-visit call about cooking for food allergies.

We arrived around 8AM and were easily seated as a large group. Service was prompt and portions were large. Prices were appropriate for size of meals, though beverages seem over priced.

Our server, Sean (Shawn?) was outstanding and showed friendly attention to our antsy 5 year old.

A 20% gratuity was automatically included.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

After about eight days on the road and staying in a hotel that can give you a strong cup of coffee, we were dying! We looked on TripAdvisor and found this little place.

There is a separate coffee bar so if you have to wait you can come in a get a great cup of almost any kind while you wait. We came before 9:00 and the wait was very reasonable.

Kind people, large portions, great food, relief.

1  Thank Lim4u
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I wanted to be wowed by the food in Memphis and so, after a couple of flops, I turned to TripAdvisor for a breakfast “sure thing”.

Being from a big city, Seattle, I’ve been to a lot of really top notch breakfast joints. The competition is fierce. I will say this, for what I’ve tried in Memphis, it’s definitely above average. However, I wasn’t wowed or feeling like I’d remember anything in particular. The staff were nice, the food good and the atmosphere, bustling.

However, it just failed to meet the standard of a “#1 breakfast” in a city as large and as rich as Memphis for me.

1  Thank onewickedb
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Always great food. The wait for table is definitely worth it. Can sit and drink coffee while you wait.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Eleven of us went for breakfast on May 4. We got in and seated very quickly (maybe good it wasn't on a weekend) and service was very good. Waitress was very accommodating for our group. Food was served quickly and correctly. I had a gyro and it was a great choice for my breakfast. Everyone was happy with their choices.

Artwork was fun. Bathroom was clean and neat.

I would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank SusieCameron

Been to Brother Juniper's? Share your experiences!